Image Count Restriction for New User - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2010, 1:10 am Thread Starter

Question Image Count Restriction for New User

Hi there. I'm in the process of tearing down and rebuilding my 2008 1098 and I've been documenting the process so far on a local forum and a friend suggested that I post the progress here as well. I'd like to, but as a new user I'm limited to 8 pictures in a post and right now for the tear down alone I'm sitting at around 55 pictures. Is there anyway that the picture limit can be raised temporarily so I can share my progress with the others here? Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2010, 4:24 am
Bly

Ever thought of making more than one post?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2010, 8:38 am
Super Moderator

Garage
To host that many pictures, you'd be better off with a "Photo Hosting" service like Smugmug or Photobucket (there are lots of them). That way you can link to all your pictures.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2010, 8:52 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bly View Post
Ever thought of making more than one post?
Yup, thought of that, but I was hoping to have all the content in the first post and just continually edit it as I progress instead of splitting it across a bunch of posts. This way the "meat" of the post is always at the top and I don't run the risk of other replies splitting the "flow" of images and progress. If that makes any sense.

But if that's the only option then I could create a bunch of sequential posts and people will just need to live with the fact they'll need to page through forum topic to see everything. Or I can just scrap the idea of posting anything, but I'd think some people may want to see a 1098 tear down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
To host that many pictures, you'd be better off with a "Photo Hosting" service like Smugmug or Photobucket (there are lots of them). That way you can link to all your pictures.
Yeah I'm using Photobucket for my image hosting, but still the forum software sees and IMG tag as an embedded image. So even though the forum isn't hosting the image it still limits the number of images in a post.

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate the quick responses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode