post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 3:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mals900ss View Post
Thanks all..

Printed this off for reference..

One sleepless night to go..

No more volcanoes please.. hahaha..

Mal
Yippee! Have too much fun for us and I am glad that the volcano is behaving again. Have a friend in Iceland I sent him birthday greetings and asked him to make it stop - it seems to have worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2010, 10:21 am Thread Starter

Hello from Switzerland. arrived in Bern this arvo, Heading out to Interlaken for the day tomorrow. Wanted some adventure stuff but too late to really organise that.. so we will see about the mountain biking..

Flew out of Dublin the afternoon before the closed the airports again.

Heading to Milan on Sunday, doing factory tour on Tuesday.. NOW the time is starting to fly hahaha..

Oh disliked Paris, I'm probably the only one in the world..

Switzerland and Bavaria are some of the nicest areas I reckon.. so far..

Cheers

Mal

insert witty comments here...
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2010, 10:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mals900ss View Post
Hello from Switzerland. arrived in Bern this arvo, Heading out to Interlaken for the day tomorrow. Wanted some adventure stuff but too late to really organise that.. so we will see about the mountain biking..

Flew out of Dublin the afternoon before the closed the airports again.

Heading to Milan on Sunday, doing factory tour on Tuesday.. NOW the time is starting to fly hahaha..

Oh disliked Paris, I'm probably the only one in the world..

Switzerland and Bavaria are some of the nicest areas I reckon.. so far..

Cheers

Mal
For sure your not the only one ...Paris is a total shithole.

Toy's-
'08 Ducati 848(RS)
'99 Ducati 996S
'95 Honda RVF400R Endurance
'07 Suzuki RGV/GP 250 Hybrid
'07 Subaru Spec C #324 GLP/RCN
'10 Suzuki Swift GLX.. spits hot fire

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2010, 10:36 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
For sure your not the only one ...Paris is a total shithole.
I'm in total agreement, most over hyped city in Europe, and as for the residents.....

I've seen the beauty of the open plain, the wide terrain, I've seen some pretty girls thru' visors.....
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2010, 2:41 pm Thread Starter

Arrived in Bologna this arvo..

Factory trip tomorrow...

w 0 0 t !!!

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2010, 1:27 am
Supermoderator - I´m special!

Garage
Agree on Paris.. Totally crap city.

Bologna is ok.. Nice food and the factory.. Good outlet across the road. Not much to see in the factory, but the museum is good.

VERY nice clothes shopes.

//amullo

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, Öhlins mechatronics SCU and alot of mods to make up for poor skills
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2010, 4:07 pm Thread Starter

Today we did the tour at the Ducati factory, Bologna. We caught our first cab in Italy, I expected worse of the driver and was pleased he was pretty good. Jo wasn't so optimistic, and so was also not confident with his ability to make a dicision which lane he wanted to be in. You'd think she'd be used to that with me, probably explains why she drives most of the time.. hahaha.

The factory tour was terrific, there was supposed to be 7 of us on it but the other 5 didn't show. Jo and I had a guide all to ourselves. which was cool but I guess we moved through the factory too efficently. It was a shame becuase we both wanted to go througvh again. I was beautifully spotless and clean, nothing like my work hahaha.

Donatella , our guide, was lovely, she does 3 tours a day and speaks 5 languages. She said we missed out on Troy Bayliss because he was at the factory on Tuesday, dammit !. IIt seems the whole factory LOVES Troy.

We caught a train from Bologna to Florence in the afternoon. It took about 30 minutes of which about 25 was through the mountains. When I say through, I mean T H R O U G H !!.. tunnels.. nothing but flashing lights for emergency exits. I think this was why Jo wanted to catch trains, I asaid before we left we could just go from Roma St to Bowen hills and back.. I took some photos inside the tunner to remind her when we get home.

Our Florence hotel is just terrific, If I had to pick on anything it would be we open onto the bar/breakfast room. Otherwise it's huge and looking out the window is a huge Bassilica / church. The street is full of markets, lots of leather goods and trinkets. It's a shame we don't have a lot of room for souviners, or leather dress jackets.. hahaha.

Tomorrow we are off to see Pisa on a half day tour, We haven't really done many organised tours because of the cost but decided we should, the difference between catching the cab with a talkative driver this morning and the bus back to our hotel sold the cost to me just on information gleaned.

Friday we plan for a 6 hour bike tour through Tuscany to see some of the sights. It's under 20 km and includes lunch, but it's about 90 Euro.. We should be back by 4 pm and then jump on the train for Rome.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2010, 3:51 am

I see you had a great time in Europe. But forgetting The Netherlands is a shame.

Amsterdam is the place to go. Relaxed people and the sightseeing is the best of Europe. And I would have taken you to visit the Superbikes race here in Assen.

Maybe next time. No worries, mate.

2010 Ducati 1198S Red

other rides:
2007 Shelby GT500 Grabber Orange
2008 Shelby Terlingua
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2010, 4:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch1198S View Post
I see you had a great time in Europe. But forgetting The Netherlands is a shame.

Amsterdam is the place to go. Relaxed people and the sightseeing is the best of Europe. And I would have taken you to visit the Superbikes race here in Assen.

Maybe next time. No worries, mate.
I think he made a smart choice. I lived in Holland for years.. nothing special. While some things are nice, alot of things are not. Much better off in LUX, Germany, N.Italy.

Toy's-
'08 Ducati 848(RS)
'99 Ducati 996S
'95 Honda RVF400R Endurance
'07 Suzuki RGV/GP 250 Hybrid
'07 Subaru Spec C #324 GLP/RCN
'10 Suzuki Swift GLX.. spits hot fire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode