Massif Central Tour, South-central France, May 8-14, 2010? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2009, 11:24 am Thread Starter

Massif Central Tour, South-central France, May 8-14, 2010?

Hello,

Myself and a few other buddies on Ducati's or other bikes of character, are planning the trip below in May 2010.

Feel free to join if you're interested.

Cheers,
Max (Paris, France)

Our trip description:

The Massif Central is an elevated region in south-central France, consisting of mountains and plateaus. It's the biggest range of mountains in France. Many extinct volcanoes can be found there, indeed the largest concentration in the world with 450 volcanoes. But more importantly maybe, The Massif Central is a tremendous reservoir of twisting roads...

Tour starts and ends in Lyon, east-central France.
Tour duration: 6 nights, 6 days.
Days of riding some of the best twisties France has to offer: 6, with the option to rest on Day 3 of the tour. (But you don't want to miss the Gorges du Tarn and the Millau Viaduct, do you?)
Mileage per day: 180-220, depending on the itinerary for the day.
Overnight stays: Lyon on May 8, Mont-Dore on May 9, Florac on May 10 & 11, Aubenas on May 12, and Le Puy-en-Velay on May 13.

Accommodation is planned in independent, reasonably-priced quality hotel-restaurants providing "high quality service, authenticity and the discovery of local specialties." (See Logis de France hotels: http://www.logis-de-france.fr/uk/)

Last edited by Max_NYC; Dec 9th, 2009 at 12:35 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Myself and a friend are doing the eastern Pyranees in June/2010 (second time) and we are planning to be in your general area (Argeles-sur-mer on the Spain/France border). Would you please direct us to some twisties around there? Thanks.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2009, 12:40 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurward View Post
Would you please direct us to some twisties around there? Thanks.
There's only twisties around there!

I love D618 and D918 all the way to Biarritz. 2-3 day ride. Mountain passes not an option.
The coastal road towards Cadaques is great too, but trafficky at times.
D115 and C-38 towards Ripoll in Spain.
Then do not, I repeat: do not miss the N-152 between Ribes de Freser and Puicerda on the Spanish side of the Pyrenees.

Check this out too: http://rodjules.com/pyrenees/roads.php

Have fun!

Last edited by Max_NYC; Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:57 am.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2009, 1:35 pm
Chilehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_NYC View Post
Hello,

Myself and a few other buddies on Ducati's or other bikes of character, are planning the trip below in May 2010.

Feel free to join if you're interested.

Cheers,
Max (Paris, France)

Our trip description:

The Massif Central is an elevated region in south-central France, consisting of mountains and plateaus. It's the biggest range of mountains in France. Many extinct volcanoes can be found there, indeed the largest concentration in the world with 450 volcanoes. But more importantly maybe, The Massif Central is a tremendous reservoir of twisting roads...

Tour starts and ends in Lyon, east-central France.
Tour duration: 6 nights, 6 days.
Days of riding some of the best twisties France has to offer: 6, with the option to rest on Day 3 of the tour. (But you don't want to miss the Gorges du Tarn and the Millau Viaduct, do you?)
Mileage per day: 180-220, depending on the itinerary for the day.
Overnight stays: Lyon on May 8, Mont-Dore on May 9, Florac on May 10 & 11, Aubenas on May 12, and Le Puy-en-Velay on May 13.

Accommodation is planned in independent, reasonably-priced quality hotel-restaurants providing "high quality service, authenticity and the discovery of local specialties." (See Logis de France hotels: http://www.logis-de-france.fr/uk/)
Sounds good to me.

We do our yearly trip to Toscana around May 1, so I should be recovered by then.

Please keep me informed.

Tom

1985 LeMans
1986 LeMans w/ sidecar
1992 XV250
1998 ST2
2003 SS1000DS
2003 999R #29

www.motogiro.com

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2009, 2:48 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st2lemans View Post
Sounds good to me.

We do our yearly trip to Toscana around May 1, so I should be recovered by then.

Please keep me informed.

Tom
Sure. Are you on Facebook by any chance? We created an event for this Massif Central tour. Best way to keep informed is to be part of the guest list.

PM me your Facebook info if you're on there.

Chrs,
Max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode