Ducatisti in the Netherlands? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By desmobabe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2017, 10:09 am Thread Starter

Ducatisti in the Netherlands?

Hi guys! I've been an expat in the Netherlands for a while now and still don't know many Ducatisti here. It's a bit weird for me cos in the other 4 countries I've lived in I found the crowd upon arrival basically. I know you guys are out there somewhere!

I was on my way to Italdag yesterday and fell victim to the apparently well-known gear selector spring issue on my 749s so never made it. Plenty of you Dutchies saw me stuck at the roundabout near the event waiting for my help to arrive, yep that was me (hangs head in shame). Being fixed now FYI.

Anyway I was just hoping to connect with some riders in or near the Gooi area as most the meets I find are usually in other parts of the country.

Desmogezellige greetings!
matthijsboef likes this.

749s - SS1000DS - SS800 - Aprilia RS 125 MotoGP Replica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2017, 3:46 pm

A bit late but welcome There are plenty of Ducatisti in NL, actually the Dutch Ducati club in NL with 4000 members is one of the biggest in the world. Quite a pity you couldn't make it to the Italdag but there are plenty of opportunities to meet Ducatisti at other events. There's monthly meetups in every region. If you're from the Gooi you could check out this one:
Regio Midden Beusichem | Ducati Club Nederland they meet every third Sunday of the month or you can drop by here in Amersfoort.

Maybe meet you soon.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2017, 4:02 pm Thread Starter

Thanks MCA2! Yes, it's a shame I ended up spending the Italdag day at the workshop instead of at the meeting. I did have a pretty good view of everyone leaving while I was stuck at the roundabout I attended last year and had a great time and was hoping to repeat that. The riding season seems completely over with all this rain but hopefully there will be some freak dry/sunny weather on an upcoming weekend so I can take one of my bikes out!

Thanks for the info, I might check out the Beusichem meeting. I'm not a member of the club but I'm on the Dutch club's FB page so I can check out news and meets. Amersfoort is quite close so easier for a quick outing in iffy weather!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2017, 3:23 pm

I guess you can drop by in Beusichem without being a member, although I guess they?ll try to convince you to join

Riding season is over, at least for my Duc. And as soon as the salt hits the roads we have to wait even longer. Motorbeurs end of February can help you get through the winter

Let?s aim for a ride somewhere this spring, should be fun.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2018, 6:00 pm

Don’t forget, 2nd of September another try for the Italdag
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 3:34 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mca2 View Post
Don’t forget, 2nd of September another try for the Italdag
Lol, no try, this time I spent those 2 hours at the event instead of at the roundabout! We might have crossed paths today then!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 3:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmobabe View Post
Lol, no try, this time I spent those 2 hours at the event instead of at the roundabout! We might have crossed paths today then!
Great that you made it this time! I was there from 1200 till about 1400 and than drove on the Lek/Rijnbandijk, which was surprisingly quiet and empty. Didn't see a 749 Xerox though Maybe next time!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 4:15 pm Thread Starter

Yes, glad I made it too! I sped up a bit going through the notorious roundabout from last year just to make sure I didn't spend any more time there, lol! I was there a little later so I guess we didn't cross paths then. We also went along the Lekdijk (south side) on the way home but it was a bit busier at that time. Cyclists, classic cars going for a drive, pedestrians and a gixxer dude being a douche. You know, the usual 😜

Any other interesting events coming up?

Last edited by desmobabe; Sep 2nd, 2018 at 4:22 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode