Possile Europe Meet ? - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2008, 11:36 am

Europe meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbox View Post
I will be in Austria (with my wife) on our ST4s in June and thought it might be an idea to meet a few other European correspondents to the site.

We will be staying at the Tramserhof Hotel in Landeck and can leave Friday
20th free or Saturday 21st for a late morning meet and possible ride (1-200 Mls ?)
Followed by a chat over an early meal.
(This would not be a balls-out thrash jus a pleasant ride through some stunning scenry - Route suggestions can be discussed if we get any responses ...Stelvio ?)

Anyway , if anyone wants to show an interest/make a commitment we can start to fine tune arrangements.

Hi,
Not going to Austria nor in June but me & some friends are going to France (possibly Honfleur) for the first May bank holiday, only for a couple of days. I have a yellow ST4S but am hiring a Harley Road King for the weekend just for the crack. Anyone interested to join us is very welcome.
On another sort of related tack, I am attempting to set up a regular riding season Sunday meet in Whitstable (North Kent coast) There are loads of potential venues but I would recommend the "Duke" (get it?) of Cumberland where they serve great beer & food & it's just across the road from the beach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 2008, 4:27 am

Quote:
Wasn't sure who this was aimed at but if me , yes we will be coming down from Ijmuiden through Germany (3 riding days including down to the ferry port in the UK) so am allowing a few rest days as overall it will be quite a bit of riding fully kitted and two-up but looking forward to a lighter bike for the Alpine roads.............thats why I just love the ST4s !
Was at you... What route are you guys taking down? I would recommend the Eifel.

Toy's-
'08 Ducati 848(RS)
'99 Ducati 996S
'95 Honda RVF400R Endurance
'07 Suzuki RGV/GP 250 Hybrid
'07 Subaru Spec C #324 GLP/RCN
'10 Suzuki Swift GLX.. spits hot fire
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2008, 1:56 pm Thread Starter
Life is too short to worry !

Hi Viperguy

Sorry for the lack of response , my internet connection went down non the day you posted and have only just got back on line.
We were in your area last year (stayed at the Panorama in Cochem with my local club , was the second time and it was great , we did a ride-out tp Trier and was very impressed by the old town - Your area is certainly very beautiful and a biker heaven , Just like Scotland but with better waether !
We will be ging straight down on the autoroutes (A7 mainly) and looking to stop overnight at Langenau so that we have an easy 3rd day ride into the Alps and a reasonable early arrival at the hotel but appreciate the suggestion and certainly would recommend your area to others with more time.

"The Grey Assassin" - 2005 ST4s
Goldvalves , Re-sprung rear Ohlins , Tapered headrace bearings , Galfer Front Discs , Open airbox with K&N filter , Iridium NGK's with Magnecor Leads , 15/42T Cogs , Helibars with Oxford heated grips , HID Lights , CRG 'Stubby' Levers , Zero Gravity DB Dark Screen , Twin-Tone Fiamm Horns plus a bunch of 'detailing' modifications.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2008, 12:47 pm Thread Starter
Life is too short to worry !

Question Re-Post as closer to date

Quote:
I will be in Austria (with my wife) on our ST4s in June and thought it might be an idea to meet a few other European correspondents to the site.

We will be staying at the Tramserhof Hotel in Landeck and can leave Friday
20th free or Saturday 21st for a late morning meet and possible ride (1-200 Mls ?)
Followed by a chat over an early meal.
(This would not be a balls-out thrash jus a pleasant ride through some stunning scenry - Route suggestions can be discussed if we get any responses ...Stelvio ?)

Anyway , if anyone wants to show an interest/make a commitment we can start to fine tune arrangements.
Still have 20th Free if anybody wants top come over for a chat &/or ride-out ?

"The Grey Assassin" - 2005 ST4s
Goldvalves , Re-sprung rear Ohlins , Tapered headrace bearings , Galfer Front Discs , Open airbox with K&N filter , Iridium NGK's with Magnecor Leads , 15/42T Cogs , Helibars with Oxford heated grips , HID Lights , CRG 'Stubby' Levers , Zero Gravity DB Dark Screen , Twin-Tone Fiamm Horns plus a bunch of 'detailing' modifications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode