Ferries Denmark to Sweden - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2013, 5:14 am Thread Starter
Life is too short to worry !

Question Ferries Denmark to Sweden

We are intending to travel from Copenhagen to Sweden via the Halsingor Ferry and whilst I can see they have 3 departures and hour , anybody out there with local knowledge who can advise whether I should book in advance or will I get on board without delay if just turn up on the day ?
(Estimate will be at the terminal about 10-11 am on Saturday 22nd June)

"The Grey Assassin" - 2005 ST4s
Goldvalves , Re-sprung rear Ohlins , Tapered headrace bearings , Galfer Front Discs , Open airbox with K&N filter , Iridium NGK's with Magnecor Leads , 15/42T Cogs , Helibars with Oxford heated grips , HID Lights , CRG 'Stubby' Levers , Zero Gravity DB Dark Screen , Twin-Tone Fiamm Horns plus a bunch of 'detailing' modifications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2013, 5:17 am
Supermoderator - I´m special!

Garage
Or you could just take the bridge over to Malmö..

I can ask locally if you want, Let me know!

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, Öhlins mechatronics SCU and alot of mods to make up for poor skills
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2013, 6:44 am Thread Starter

Hi Anders

Thanks , had not thought to ask you this one.
Was looking at the ferry as it gives a more direct access to your suggested more westerly route north which we will now be taking.
Which is the more time efficient do you think (motorway v ferry + waiting time) ?

Goldvalves , Re-sprung rear Ohlins , Tapered headrace bearings , Galfer Front Discs , Open airbox with K&N filter , Iridium NGK's with Magnecor Leads , 15/42T Cogs , Helibars with Oxford heated grips , HID Lights , CRG 'Stubby' Levers , Zero Gravity DB Dark Screen , Twin-Tone Fiamm Horns plus a bunch of 'detailing' modifications.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 1:51 am

Garage
You're coming by bike? I would assume You will fit in the first boat. If they have 3 departures an hour, your worst waiting time is 20 mins?

As Anders said, you could take the Bridges?

1.You could do Puttgarden - Roedby (GER - DK) ferry and then the bridge to Malmoe.

2.Or you can skip the ferry, and do Storbeltbro bridge AND the Malmoe bridge (Oeresundbro)

I think 1. is the most commonly used. We did this last May on a Van. Just queued up at the line and waited for maybe 15-20 mins. its easy and they're helpful.

Remember; If you do decide to use ferries all the way, remember to tell them that at the first ticket office. It will be cheaper when you buy both tickets at the same time.

Anders can verify this.. but that's how I've been told.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 8:27 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwin View Post
You're coming by bike? I would assume You will fit in the first boat. If they have 3 departures an hour, your worst waiting time is 20 mins?

As Anders said, you could take the Bridges?

1.You could do Puttgarden - Roedby (GER - DK) ferry and then the bridge to Malmoe.

2.Or you can skip the ferry, and do Storbeltbro bridge AND the Malmoe bridge (Oeresundbro)

I think 1. is the most commonly used. We did this last May on a Van. Just queued up at the line and waited for maybe 15-20 mins. its easy and they're helpful.

Remember; If you do decide to use ferries all the way, remember to tell them that at the first ticket office. It will be cheaper when you buy both tickets at the same time.

Anders can verify this.. but that's how I've been told.
We will be using the Putgarden Ferry to cross to Copenhagen a few days earlier so could buy both tickets then but do they need a departure time ?
If so what time should we allow from central Copenhagen to get to the Halsingor ferry ?

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 2:07 am

Garage
Here's info on the DK/SWE ferries, if you haven't seen it already.

Scandlines.com - ScandlinesEn

this is just a guess, but I think they don't need a departure time for the second ferry?

the distance from Copenhagen to Helsingor is about 50 km, so I would guess 1 hr is enough, even with some delays?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 3:06 am

Garage
I havent used the ferries much.. we usually take the bridge since it saves us the trouble of keeping a time. Check scandlines homepage.

Ill ask locally and come back to you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, Öhlins mechatronics SCU and alot of mods to make up for poor skills
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 11:02 am Thread Starter

I think we may decide to go with the ferry afterall as seems illogiocal to use the bridge when we would have to do 50% of a counterclockwise circle to get where the ferry disembarks.

Can anyone advise which terminal we need to sue , our satnav routing program shows two (one above another) I assume one is a departure jetty and the other arrivals and the roads look different for each ?

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 11:09 am

I've used the Helsingor-Helsingborg ferry a couple times, and you can just show up.

2010 1200 Multistrada S Touring Black
2008 Termi S4R

Upgraded to S4Rs following wreck
BST wheels
++
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2013, 3:49 am

Garage
Got some info from some local guys.

The Helsingør - Helsingborg line runs close schedules and the crossing takes 15minutes.

Bikeriders normally dont leave the cardeck and keep the bikes upright by musclepower.

If you miss one ferry, just wait for the next one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode