track days in the EU - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 2011, 9:57 pm Thread Starter

track days in the EU

I'm from the USA but may be in Stuttgart, Germany for 3 years starting August 2012.

Here in the USA I have a V8 Nissan Titan and a utility trailer to tow my bike (Hypermotard 1100) to the track for track days. This does not seem practical in the EU.

How do you get your bike(s) to the tracks? Do you ride to the track? Tow behind Mercedes diesel?

What credentials do I need to participate in track days? I was a club racer here and held an AMA road racing license in 1999, is that good enough?

Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 12:26 pm

How to:

Look for something similar to a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van to track your Hypermotard: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter: Passenger Van Highlights
I'd consider selling the Titan before you go as I doubt you will find a parking spot anywhere large enough for a full size pick up in Germany.

As for credentials I doubt they will honor any non F.I.M. license especially something a decade plus old but try asking "willowracer845" on the WERA forum at http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php...many+track+day as I know he raced in Germany (be patient as he may be on deployment at the moment).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MBSprinter.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	102824  

2002 Ducati 998 Monoposto for $ale
Learn to Ride - http://ride123.com/

Last edited by Dunlop; Dec 23rd, 2011 at 9:05 pm.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 2011, 4:31 pm Thread Starter

thanks for the info, Dunlop!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2012, 6:13 am

Garage
A little late to the party, but talk to 'Ben710', he's from Germany and knows about German tracks (and other ones too..).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2012, 10:47 am
Life is too short to worry !

Dont forget to have a go at the old Nurburgring if you get a chance to make the journey.
You dont need anything but a road licence............not even leathers.
13 miles of sheer joy or terror , depending on your point of view at the time , but be careful as the locals know it like the back their hand and will leave 'vistors' for dead !
I realise its a bit far from your base and with the Alps (Alpine Passes) and Black Forest (B500 and too many other great routes to mention) on your doorstep you may never need a track any way.......Have Fun !

"The Grey Assassin" - 2005 ST4s
Goldvalves , Re-sprung rear Ohlins , Tapered headrace bearings , Galfer Front Discs , Open airbox with K&N filter , Iridium NGK's with Magnecor Leads , 15/42T Cogs , Helibars with Oxford heated grips , HID Lights , CRG 'Stubby' Levers , Zero Gravity DB Dark Screen , Twin-Tone Fiamm Horns plus a bunch of 'detailing' modifications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode