Is Frasers any good for crash repair? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 3:08 am Thread Starter

Is Frasers any good for crash repair?

Hi all,

Heading off to the snowies tomorrow, but just got clipped on a round a bout on the way home. Qbe have asked me if I can go to Frasers in Concord. It's just fairing damage and scratches to my carbon fiber exhausts.

What is ironic is that I'd just fitted a camera system for the trip an hr before and have the whole thing on film.

Craig

and I'm ok if anyone is wondering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 3:35 am

Glad to hear you are okay, what a nuisance though.

I don't know about Frasers in Concord, if that is where QBE told you to go, then go. Shannons always gave us a choice and went to assess the bike when we told them to, which was always a Ducati Dealer.

Have to love a crash video Husband made me watch his latest effort from Tasmanian Turismo many times - he has both forward and rear views of it. Since it sent me in to a state of shock at the time, it just made me feel queasy. Yes, he is okay and the bike sustained only minor damage.

Hope you have a wonderful trip away!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 3:59 am
Bly

Glad you're alive to tell the tale mate.

Frasers will be as good as anyone if the insurance company are paying.
All the parts come through them anyway since they are the Oz importers.

Good luck.

Multistrada 1100, sans fairing.
Black SFS.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 4:57 am Thread Starter

Cheers guys for the input.

I just hope that my baby can go back to it's pristine condition. Nothing is more frustrating than getting your beloved back from repairs only to be able to still see signs of where it was damaged...

So anyone want to see the footage? I can chuck up a Youtube vid if you like. But as there's one French word in there, might have to take it down...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 5:26 am Thread Starter

748 Girl,

Was this accident of your husbands just this Turismo a few days ago? Glad he's okay too. My friend was viewing the footage of my accident and was cracking up, but I wasn't feeling so funny about it at the time. Now that I've reviewed the footage, if i was in the middle of the lane I would have bought it right on the front of the Prado

Craig
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 6:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjeff View Post
Cheers guys for the input.

I just hope that my baby can go back to it's pristine condition. Nothing is more frustrating than getting your beloved back from repairs only to be able to still see signs of where it was damaged...

So anyone want to see the footage? I can chuck up a Youtube vid if you like. But as there's one French word in there, might have to take it down...
Let me guess you said "Sacre Bleu" Not. Yes put it up.

Quote:
748 Girl,

Was this accident of your husbands just this Turismo a few days ago? Glad he's okay too. My friend was viewing the footage of my accident and was cracking up, but I wasn't feeling so funny about it at the time. Now that I've reviewed the footage, if i was in the middle of the lane I would have bought it right on the front of the Prado

Craig
We were on our way from Scottsdale to Launceston to register for Turismo. He scooted past some cars. I wasn't feeling brave, so didn't. Came around a tight right hander which then turned into a left hander to see his bike on its side in the right lane with a car almost on top of it. I can remember thinking "oh that isn't him, who else are we riding with?" Quick think - "umm no, just the two of us". Still couldn't see him, so I am embarrassed to say I started wailing like a banshee, went into shock, had to be helped from the bike and was made to sit down and was given water. I resisted the pleas to lie down because "you are looking a bit pale there love". All the while he is jumping up and and down in front of me, saying "its ooookaaaay, I'm fine!". I was given more water and he was laughing and saying "I am the one that fell off!!". Funny how it was all about him.

I am ashamed of the way I acted. I am always relatively in control at accidents. Usually the one that is making people lie down and saying reassuring things, directing traffic or doing a bit of hand holding. I guess cos I thought he had had a head-on with a car it threw me, plus all I saw was the bike on the road and I couldn't see him.

Everyone was really nice. The car that was nearly on top of his bike was driven by a registered nurse and even she said "he wasn't going fast". There was just fine sandy stuff on the corner and in the shade he couldn't see it.

40 minutes later another Ducati Tricolore a Monster went down on exactly the same corner, there are lots of corners on that road, just shows you how bad this particular corner was. The Monster faired a lot worse than our bike. although I don't know the full particulars of that accident, only that it happened.

Net damage, bent clutch lever, broken gear lever, scratched fairing and a bent bar. It was rideable and we got the levers changed that afternoon. Damage to him, wrenched thumb on right hand, sore knees and that was all, he knew better than to complain, but then he never does.

Am dealing with the fairing and handlebar issue in between doing a 50,000km service on my bike. He sat on the Multistrada and is thinking seriously about one
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 6:53 am
Bly

Glad to hear your husband was able to walk away from his incident 748girl.
Don't be ashamed of your reaction, anyway it'll give him ammo for years to come.

It's great to hear of a couple of lucky escapes.

Multistrada 1100, sans fairing.
Black SFS.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2010, 7:24 am Thread Starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0kAeIIqSR8

giddy up - I've never heard my voice reach such a high pitch in life
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2010, 6:07 am

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0kAeIIqSR8

giddy up - I've never heard my voice reach such a high pitch in life
Oh Bugger! Nothing too funny about that. Hope you get your baby fixed to your satisfaction really soon and that you have a wonderful trip.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2010, 1:47 am Thread Starter

Can't believe how much a small drop like that can cost. Frasers reckon roughly $2500 worth of damage. Btw, the guy at Frasers was really nice and professional. Made me feel very at ease the the repair will be top notch. I'm writing this from Canberra. 2 days of riding complete. Kangaroo Valley and Kings Hwy done. Met a couple today in Braidwood on a Multi coming back from Tassie. Plus a crazy dude in at least his 60's on an R1 with flat spots on the rear tyre, exchanged some tales whilst filling up, then moved on...

Staying at a mates place tonight, he's going to show me some local rides tomorrow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode