Warning.. California Superbike School - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2015, 10:42 pm Thread Starter

Warning.. California Superbike School

Hi all,

I wanted to post and warn anyone looking to peruse the California Superbike school based on my experience.

Firstly, I was one of the biggest fans of this company. I had successfully attended and finished the level 1 course. I was hooked and wanted to complete all other levels in time.

I was so enthusiastic about the experience, that when I received an email from them looking for local new staff to help out, I applied. It would have introduced me closer to the world of Track days with continued learning about a new passion I was now caught up with.

I had booked my next level 2 course for November 1st. I paid my $575 well in advance. I had even arranged for the head instructor of the course to meet and view my riding on the day of the course which happened to be on a Sunday. I was pumped.

Owning a busy and successful Medical organisation, I don't have much time to spend on myself outside of a busy family. However, I had decided with my wife's blessing that my spare time was going to involve further training through CSB as well as possible work.

My date for level 2 was Sunday 1st November. On the Saturday 17th October, whist riding home from watching qualifying at Philip Island, I was struck from my bike by a P plate driver. He attempted to achieve a last minute 90 degree turn across the highway. He took me out and sent my bike and I flying down the road. I was shaken, bruised and scratched. The bike was stuffed.

I spent most of that next week with bike shops, insurance companies and doctors. I also called the Californian Superbike School on Thursday. Officially 10 days prior to my level 2 ride previously booked. I explained to a female lady (one of two internal staff) of my incident. I explained that although I would not be in a position to attend on my scheduled day, that I wanted to book for a time in the future. I explained that I had looked on their web site for future dates which only showed December options. I went on to explain that due to work commitments overseas that 2016 was the only times available for me. I was told that ere were not any dates for 2016 at that point.

We agreed that I would email directly the head riding coach. I did this immediately and explained my position and asked about further information on 2016 dates. I received a response the following Monday. This was officially 6 days prior to my scheduled event. The instructor copied in the lady I had previously spoken with the week prior along with my original email. It stated that I needed to speak with other staff she had included as this area was not her expertise.

Two days later, I received an email from the company with official release dates of 2016. Within an hour, I emailed the lady I originally spoke with the week prior requesting to book a January date. The same girl included on emails from the head riding instructor.

The following day, I received a direct and short response from this internal staff member stating I had fallen outside of the required 7 day notice period and would not be eligible for change or refund. I called her directly and presented myself thinking she had me mixed with other bookings. No. She new whom I was and was ready with a company line. No refund and no changes.

I asked to speak with her manager. I have since learned that the second internal employee that is titled a manager of customer service sits alongside the other only internal employee and was ready for me. She stated that although I had called the week earlier, that she had her staff member story that I never officially cancelled my booking the week prior on the phone. I tri d hard to get explain my story, however there was no way they were budging.

25 minutes went on until the manager (one of two people) stated she wanted my number and the owner Steve would call me back. I agreed.

Steve called me back. Without listening to my position, he began to tell me how rude and unprofessional I had been. He began to tell me how I wasted 30 minutes of his staff time via telephone. I tried to speak however he kept shutting me down. I tried explaining how I was a fan and wanted nothing more than to continue with the courses. He wouldn't listen. I then asked about a refund based on my unfortunate accident and fact I had given required notice of cancellation. He told me to put in writing my issue and he would review. However, he again accused me of wasting their time.

I wrote to Steve. I explained in detail just like I have here of my situation. I have heard nothing.

I write to anyone interested in the California Superbike School. It is a terrific experience. However, if you look to cancel or change or deviate at all on your booking, say goodbye to your money. They are not there to help.

I have since found many people effected by this company in a similar way as myself.

It is now not the money that is my issue. It is the principal and he manner in which I have been treated. I plan to take this to whatever levels necessary to protect others whilst teaching them a lesson.

Thank you for reading.

Gavatron

Gavatron
Aussie Simon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Sorry to hear of your woes.

Get in contact with Keith Code.

If still no joy post your dealings on their facebook page.

Did you get the job?!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2015, 11:34 pm Thread Starter

Hahahahahahaha. No I did not get the job. I think the experience has officially had my application withdrawn from their files...

You raise a good point. I will reach out to Keith in some manner and try and share my poor experience. I am sure Keith would like to know his course reputation is in the hands of Steve's unprofessional business behaviour and company.

Be careful booking anything under "Motorcycling Events Australia". This is the name behind the California Superbike school. Many others have experienced poor business behaviour from the group. They do ride days via groups or individual bookings.

I will keep any updates coming through. I have not seen or witnessed unprofessional behaviour in business of this nature for some time. I'm not sure of any industry that would accept this.

Gavatron.

Gavatron

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2015, 1:49 am
Prolific Poster Award

Garage
Pretty simple Gav, do a claim through Visa or Mastercard etc and get your money back. Tell the finance people your story, and you will win no problem.

All you have to tell them was you did not receive what you paid for, they did not supply what you ordered.

The finance people don't care, you didn't get anything, so they want their money back.

Don't stress, but do it immediately, deal with it now, instead of sharing with us.

Craig

Ducati 998S FE 2004
Ducati ST4S 2003
Cagiva Mito 125 1993 Bucket racer
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2015, 5:33 am Thread Starter

Great feedback Craig. Onto it
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2015, 6:23 am

Garage
Hey Gav... Sorry to hear about your accident last month but glad you're doing well. It's also quite unfortunate about your experience with the CSS. As stated earlier, I'd contact Keith Code and let him know about your poor treatment and CSS's loss of not only your current and (it sounds like) future business but your services as a coach for their organization.

Please keep us updated and let us know the outcome.

'08 1098 (Japanese)

Last edited by JapanDuc; Nov 18th, 2015 at 8:45 pm.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2015, 9:35 am
Prolific Poster Award

Their organization seems greedy and not long term oriented. It's beautiful to have the Internet available to warn others. It would cost them virtually nothing to make you a happy customer yet they choose to go this route. Their attitude will cost them in the long run.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2015, 9:45 am

Garage
Contact KC, he still runs the place, good luck and try not to let yourself become sour on the track school concept down the road when you get your bike sorted back out - it is the best way to stay safe and go fast.

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2015, 6:33 pm Thread Starter

Thank you JapanDuc, duc96cr and RockAZ for your support.

I have written to Keith Code and will now wait a hopeful response. Great advice!

I have also contacted my MasterCard Diamond people and put forward the great advice about the $ side of things.

I'll continue to update.

Gavatron

Current
2014 Pikes Peak

Past
KTM 1290 Superduke
2014 Ducati Multistrada S
2013 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
2002 Ducati ST4s
2001 Ducati 996
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K1
KTM 300 EXC
Honda XR 600
Honda XR 400
Honda XR 350 RD
CR125 RD
YZ 80 P
XR 75
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2015, 6:57 pm

A little common sense and understanding from this company would be all that's needed to resolve this.

Technically they are correct in that you did not follow established company policy, not that you may be aware of said policy, but in your case given the advanced notice of the situation one could pretty much conclude you would not be attending the class.

What I don't like is the shitty attitude taken by management, that alone will get to vote with my wallet and throw up the deuces. The sad part is it takes only one piss poor manager to set a sour tone for what seems like a great experience.

If your financial institution can override and get your money back would be a good result for you.

I would recommend to my friends buyer beware in future when considering this company until evidence is shown of better customer relations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode