Warning.. California Superbike School - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2015, 3:35 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4265 View Post
Pretty simple Gav, do a claim through Visa or Mastercard etc and get your money back. Tell the finance people your story, and you will win no problem.

All you have to tell them was you did not receive what you paid for, they did not supply what you ordered.

The finance people don't care, you didn't get anything, so they want their money back.

Don't stress, but do it immediately, deal with it now, instead of sharing with us.

Craig
Good advice, I did the same thing through GE money and they were ruthless, got all my money back.

1998 916SPS, 2005 999R, 2009 BMW HP2, 2009 Honda SH300i, 2012 Husaberg FE570.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2015, 12:59 pm Thread Starter

Received money transfer into my bank account just prior to Christmas. My plan now is to send a file to Keith containing all email correspondence from both myself and the muppets at California Superbike School Australia.

Then it is fully transparent and they can do what they will with the information. I on the other hand will now move on from this experience without ever dealing with this business again!

I am now looking for any recommendation from anyone that has trained with other advanced schools? I would still like to develop my skills for both track and road.

Thank you in advance.

Gavatron

Gavatron
scott, grrss and ManualTrans like this.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2015, 4:02 pm

Garage
Glad it worked out financially for you, and I realize there might have been some complications with the employment opportunity with this group that has left you feeling less than satisfied with the whole experience. Hope you find the track day school you are looking for, but here is my unbiased two cents - the original California Superbike School out of California is a brilliant program, whether on the road or their home base. Take what you have bitterly learned about the arrangements and take that to the next school to make sure you are buying into a quality situation that meets your need. And also make sure you have a bike ready to go once you commit because when you get down to it, that is where the troubles started for you.

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2016, 2:54 pm

Garage
I also feel it is unfortunate what you had to go through and I am happy for you that it was rectified through the school.

On the other hand, I hope this thread does not deter others from attending California Superbike School. I have attended 4 days of the school over the past two years and have nothing but good things to say about the school all around. Everyone will have their experiences and unfortunately you got stuck with a bad one. This should not take away from the greatness of the learning and skills this school pours out to their students.

The situation was handled by Keith Code, who ultimately is the backbone of this school. It was an unfortunate short lived experience for the OP but I don't feel it is fair for others to not take the journey based on one persons unfortunate experience.

Jessica
2015 BMW S1000RR
2017 KTM 350 EXC
2009 Yamaha XT250
God made some girls perfect. The rest are put in cars.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2016, 3:31 pm

I was fortunate enough to get a Level 1 booking back in November thanks to a cancellation. I would thoroughly recommend this course. I found it was professionally run and I certainly learned a lot of good information that I use every time I ride my bike. Will do Level 2 when it comes back to Auckland later in the year.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2016, 1:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
I also feel it is unfortunate what you had to go through and I am happy for you that it was rectified through the school.

On the other hand, I hope this thread does not deter others from attending California Superbike School. I have attended 4 days of the school over the past two years and have nothing but good things to say about the school all around. Everyone will have their experiences and unfortunately you got stuck with a bad one. This should not take away from the greatness of the learning and skills this school pours out to their students.

The situation was handled by Keith Code, who ultimately is the backbone of this school. It was an unfortunate short lived experience for the OP but I don't feel it is fair for others to not take the journey based on one persons unfortunate experience.
First off, many thanks for the support from those who have done the school. Secondly, the branch in Australia has just celebrated its 20th year anniversary. In such a small country, staying in the game that long says something about the management's commitment to providing top notch rider training. It never could have survived if it really was a rip off.

I was certainly sensitive to Gavatron1's situation. To have someone sour on the schools, well, I take everything about the school personally, in all 18 countries we have run. Evolving the schools, delivering better and better service, figuring out more ways to coach through the problems riders have is an ongoing and ever evolving process. I used to think I knew something about riding but some of the stuff we've discovered over the past couple of years makes me think I've only scratched the surface.

It was pleasing to me that we were able to remedy Gavatron1's situation and that is what I expect from our organization. In the end, it is all about the rider training although I'm not above apologizing for administrative F ups.

I've been very proud of the results the Australian branch has produced under Stever Brouggy's direction and in those 20 years of association there have been very few complaints. Once again, no way would CSS Australia survived if there had been.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode