Warning.. California Superbike School - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2015, 4:00 am Thread Starter

Hi all,

I wrote to Keith Code today. I detailed everything in my earlier post here on this forum with some additional details to further explain my experience. Helping Keith with specific names etc I didn't need to post here.

I have had a response from Keith already which is fantastic.

Keith mentioned that he has little control over how a branch runs its business. Agreements he has are heavily weighted on delivering rider training up to his standard and that he leave's the business end of things alone figuring it's too the branch's advantage to conduct it with reality.

Keith then mentioned on the other hand, he did not want situations like this to spoil the school's reputation and deny those who want it, the level of training the school knows they can deliver.

Therefore Keith is looking into the matter further and will respond in time.

No matter the outcome from here, I feel great that Keith responded. I am such a big fan. I have at least been able to share my experience from the local Cowboys representing his brand. I too own and run a business I'm proud of. I'd want to know if it's being mismanaged.

Great advice and support guys. I'll keep updates coming.

Gav

Gavatron 😀
scott likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2015, 4:14 am
Prolific Poster Award

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavatron1 View Post
Hi all,

I wrote to Keith Code today. I detailed everything in my earlier post here on this forum with some additional details to further explain my experience. Helping Keith with specific names etc I didn't need to post here.

I have had a response from Keith already which is fantastic.

Keith mentioned that he has little control over how a branch runs its business. Agreements he has are heavily weighted on delivering rider training up to his standard and that he leave's the business end of things alone figuring it's too the branch's advantage to conduct it with reality.

Keith then mentioned on the other hand, he did not want situations like this to spoil the school's reputation and deny those who want it, the level of training the school knows they can deliver.

Therefore Keith is looking into the matter further and will respond in time.

No matter the outcome from here, I feel great that Keith responded. I am such a big fan. I have at least been able to share my experience from the local Cowboys representing his brand. I too own and run a business I'm proud of. I'd want to know if it's being mismanaged.

Great advice and support guys. I'll keep updates coming.

Gav

Gavatron 😀
Good for you Gav, so glad Mr Code is honorable.

Craig

Ducati 998S FE 2004
Ducati ST4S 2003
Cagiva Mito 125 1993 Bucket racer
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2015, 6:04 am

Garage
Thanks for the update, Gav. Good to know Keith is still down to earth and has time for "the little guys." I'd heard he was a great guy; the quick response is encouraging and hopefully he'll get the issue resolved for you in the end.

I know he's smart enough to realize that refunding your $$ will pay HUGE dividends down the line via good word of mouth and your (and your friends, family and forum mates') future business.

'08 1098 (Japanese)

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2015, 10:54 pm

You are sounding a bit Japanese there JapanDuc!
JapanDuc likes this.

1968 Kawasaki A1SS
1970 Kawasaki A7
1971 Kawasaki A1 (basket case)
1988 Gilera Saturno 500 x 2
2004 ST4s ABS (yeller)
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2015, 12:25 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
You are sounding a bit Japanese there JapanDuc!
Hahaha I suppose three years spent here has rubbed off on me.

'08 1098 (Japanese)
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2015, 7:21 am
Prolific Poster Award

See in the states they carry.
Do they carry in Australia?

Bad decisions make for good stories
Take my Advice, I don't use it.
2011 Red Multistrada S Touring
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2015, 4:12 am Thread Starter

Hi all,

I received a basic email from one of the internal staff late last week from California Superbike School. It asked for my banking details for reimbursement of my $575.

A few days later, Keith emailed to say he had been involved. He had asked the Australian school about the incident and was told a whole new different story. He said in his opinion via history, normally one or both sides are not telling the truth. In any case he confirmed he knew of the offer to refund my money and that was then the deal.

I hope I have managed to expose the Australian division to Keith to at least have him looking out for future behaviours. To anyone else looking at the Australian division of California Superbike School, it is a very good corse.

However please make sure you understand that the individual running the day is driven by ego, greed and money. A dangerous combination in business based on my experience.

I am yet to see any money transfer. Once received I shall send notification on this thread.

I am thinking I should withdraw my job application to the school also.....

In other news I have purchase the last 2014 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak in Australia. Gone is my ambition for track days. I plan on longer rides with a bike that will hopefully offer me everything I need.

Gavatron

Gavatron
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2015, 9:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavatron1 View Post
Hi all,

In other news I have purchase the last 2014 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak in Australia. Gone is my ambition for track days. I plan on longer rides with a bike that will hopefully offer me everything I need.

Gavatron

Gavatron
Good on you, but you can certainly do a track day or two and have a ball on the pikes! Congrats and glad this worked out for you. I think you did exactly what I would have done to handle the situation, and yes, the internet can be your friend!

Mark

Past: '02 st4s, '06 Multi 620, '06 749s, '08 Multi 1100s, '09 Monster 1100s, '11 Triumph 675r, Present: '11 Multi 1200s (Full Termi, ECU, White, etc), '14 Multi s touring
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2015, 11:24 am

File a chargeback on your credit card and tell them to buzz off. Buncha lowlives. I will be contacting them myself and giving them a piece of my mind. They will never see a penny from me.

Typical dirtbags...
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2015, 2:34 am
Prolific Poster Award

Garage
Has this situation had any closure?

Craig

Ducati 998S FE 2004
Ducati ST4S 2003
Cagiva Mito 125 1993 Bucket racer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode