Good scratchin roads in south east queensland? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 2008, 8:15 pm Thread Starter

Good scratchin roads in south east queensland?

Hey all, im moving to the gold coast next week and am a bit worried about where im going to ride - any advice? Ive previously done the nerang road and the currumbin road and they were pretty cool - is there many others near by?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 2008, 6:05 pm

Hi Joel,

There are loads of good roads around South East Queensland. Especiailly around the Gold Coast hinterland region. Would you like a scan of a map with some of the better roads highlighted?

You will find out about the popular ones soon enough but they are often often over policed and crowded on the weekend. The trick is to venture out and find the open country roads.

Cheers,
Russ

05 749-DP open clutch, Pazzo levers, 520 14/41 Chain Conversion, Various Carbon Bits, DP Petal Mirrors, Pipercross Air Filters, Quat D half system.

94 CBR 250 (Gone)
89 FZR 250 (Gone)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 2008, 10:01 pm Thread Starter

Scan sounds good. Actually i dont mind exploring so it'll be fun to find out the hard way. Got rid of the duck and now have a gixxer750 so maybe we could go for a 750 ride?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2008, 1:56 am

Sure. I'll give you a buzz next time we have a run.

If you would like to PM your email address to me, I'll send you a scan to get you started.

05 749-DP open clutch, Pazzo levers, 520 14/41 Chain Conversion, Various Carbon Bits, DP Petal Mirrors, Pipercross Air Filters, Quat D half system.

94 CBR 250 (Gone)
89 FZR 250 (Gone)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2008, 3:57 am
Haz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Hi Joel,

There are loads of good roads around South East Queensland. Especiailly around the Gold Coast hinterland region. Would you like a scan of a map with some of the better roads highlighted?

You will find out about the popular ones soon enough but they are often often over policed and crowded on the weekend. The trick is to venture out and find the open country roads.

Cheers,
Russ
I have taken Darkness over some good gravel roads if you are interested ???

08 1098S

Mid East Coast

Australia
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2008, 1:45 am Thread Starter

By gravel roads do you mean sealed or unsealed? Not a real fan of the loose stuff im afraid...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2008, 5:45 am

I love my back yard Joel , I have my faves. I like to link Spring brook and beechmont together for a tight cut and thrusting run when out for a play . just be aware of the plods on week ends blitzing the area big time . they will use two or three cars spaced out along the Valleys or mountains working together .They are there to help stop our selves from visiting the mourge , which we have had way way too many riders do in the last few years . So be carefull.
We often go into northern NSW out to Kyogle then around Mt Lindsey back into Queensland or Out to Boona Boedesart Warwick and beyond for a longer run .
Basically there is plenty of exploring for you to do whether its apex strafing or sight seeing or a bit of both. If your looking for a ride and a good coffee give me a PM when you settle in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0593.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	34120   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0525.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	34121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	34122  

ST4S 05 . A Steel Horse I ride

Last edited by Derwood; Jul 8th, 2008 at 8:19 am.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2008, 4:28 pm Thread Starter

Sounds good derwood.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2008, 8:37 pm
Haz

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatrol View Post
By gravel roads do you mean sealed or unsealed? Not a real fan of the loose stuff im afraid...
It wasn't intentional. Got lost! 1098 rear Pirellis tear so easily I dread the thought of finding myself off the bitumen too often!

08 1098S

Mid East Coast

Australia
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2008, 3:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz View Post
It wasn't intentional. Got lost! 1098 rear Pirellis tear so easily I dread the thought of finding myself off the bitumen too often!
Moral of the story - don't follow Haz last time I did there was nearly a slaughter of a family of small fluffy duckies. Haz I am just kidding. The duckies are still alive! traumatised for life, but still alive. However, I am sure you know all the good roads.

Joel there are some great roads, I too have travelled on them, but being a girl could not possibly remember their names, or where we went, I just follow the man in front. But they were fun - apart from the one going down the big hill from Mt Tamborine with a traffic light thing at the top of it - I didn't like that - at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode