Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/)
-   Australia, New Zealand, and AsiaPac (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/32-australia-new-zealand-asiapac/)
-   -   Anti Motorcyclist fascism in Queensland, Australia (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/32-australia-new-zealand-asiapac/315529-anti-motorcyclist-fascism-queensland-australia.html)

idleidolidyll Dec 13th, 2013 1:21 pm

Anti Motorcyclist fascism in Queensland, Australia

Queensland has always been a very authoritarian right wing state and seems to have seen itself as a unique refuge of right wing fascist policy in the past.

Over the last decade or so, it seemed that Queensland had softened a bit but the latest laws passed by Queensland have re-ignited awareness of Queensland's fascist core.
If you're a biker with tattoos, don't get caught in Queensland.
If you ride in groups of 3 or more; watch out in Queensland.
Innocent bikers are already being victimized even when they are committing no crime......except for being bikers with tattoos!

Bikie offers free tattoos to protest anti-bikie laws

Bikie laws protest song against Newman instant YouTube hit | Sunshine Coast Daily

Queensland?s ?anti-bikie? laws: Granny writes for freedom

Bikie laws: Thousands protest Qld Government's anti-association laws across Australia - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

More anti-bikie laws pass through Qld Parliament - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Bly Dec 13th, 2013 1:47 pm

Newman has gone mad.

By the way the left wing "opposition" supported his New Laws Against Everybody.

So much for me ever spending another dollar in Queensland in the foreseeable future...

CAlexio Dec 13th, 2013 2:59 pm

good to know.. if I ever make it to Australia on a weekend ride, I will definitely avoid Queensland... hopefully the area isn't too big as the gas tank on my hyper only goes 70miles and I'll be damned if I spend my hard earned $s on queensland gasoline.

going out to get a tattoo now. :D

"Italian-Americans in solidarity with tattoed queensland riders"

Bly Dec 13th, 2013 4:09 pm

Not only does he hate bikies but those pesky teenagers are in his sights now.

FFS.

Quote:

For all the absurdities of Queensland's anti-bikies legislation, its bill cracking down on parties is probably worse, writes Chris Berg.

Every government has a reform program of some description. The reform program of Campbell Newman's Queensland government is to expand, to a ludicrous and dangerous extent, the powers of the police.

Admittedly, the title of the Police Powers and Responsibilities and Other Legislation Amendment Bill doesn't have the same sort of grunting aggression as the Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Bill, which was passed earlier this year to target bikies.

But for all the absurdities of the anti-bikies legislation, the bill currently being considered by the Queensland parliament is probably worse.

The bogey-man in this bill is "out-of-control" parties. No doubt you can conjure up such a threat to public order in your mind. Hundreds of drunk teenagers spilling out on the street and damaging nearby property.

But according to the draft bill, a party is a gathering of twelve or more people. And it is considered out-of-control if three people at that party do something like be drunk in a public place, cause excessive noise, unreasonably block the path of a pedestrian, litter in a way that might cause harm to the environment, or use "indecent" language.

The punishment for holding a party that gets out-of-control? A $12,000 fine or a year's jail. In other words, a party host is punished for the actions of party guests. For good measure, the bill allows police to enter property uninvited without a warrant.

Out of control parties are a classic moral panic. They involve teenagers. They involve alcohol. They involve new technologies - house parties are now being organised on social media. This apparently makes them worse than they used to be.
Queensland party crackdown out of control - The Drum (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

whowalks Dec 13th, 2013 6:40 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bly (Post 3162257)
Not only does he hate bikies but those pesky teenagers are in his sights now.

FFS.

Queensland perfect one day Nazi Germany the next:eek:

WA already has those stupid party laws, you need a permit for a gatheringf of mor e than 12 people.
Im sure the police will be busy this christmas monitoring all the family get to gethers of more than 12 people :(

I witnessed its get out of control when my daughter went to a well organized party with security the permit the whole lot, that was attended by the riot squad and WA police chopper and subsequently shut down at 9:30 pm which basically put 60 odd teenagers onto the street to party instead of this particular house.
Zieg hiel

Bonaventure Dec 13th, 2013 10:19 pm

I think that the Australian media ought to use the term biker instead of bikie.

Bly Dec 13th, 2013 10:48 pm

Here they call 1%ers bikies and anyone else bikers.

davy.j Dec 15th, 2013 9:15 pm

steveb64 Dec 19th, 2013 5:15 am

Holy sh1t! You poor buggers. And I thought the Americans had a police state. :rolleyes: <groan> - I guess this means our slime bag PM will be rubbing his hands together, and enacting similar laws here next. :(
I think I'm finally glad I turned down that AU$110K job, back in 2000. And I'm too old to try again now. ;)

So - how long do you reckon before Tony Abbot starts enacting the same laws as federal laws? I'm sure he'll be watching the 'test cases' in Queensland.

davy.j Jan 4th, 2014 7:09 pm

We aren't allowed to ride in groups of more than three without being stopped and harassed by the tax collectors and be branded as a "Gang"
https://www.ducati.ms/gallery/files/3...5_original.jpg