Witnesses - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2013, 9:58 pm Thread Starter
vjc

Witnesses

Hey guys
I headed up to Tomago for the Italian bike and car show. On the way back I stopped at the Road Warriors cafe and saw this in the window. Thought I I'd post it. Witnesses-imageuploadedbymo-free1380510197.693679.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2009 1100S MTS - 1992 Superlight - 1998 SS (Trackie)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2013, 10:44 am
Excel Addict

Annoyed - aka many impolite expletives

Here is a link to the outcome of the court case.

Riders claim entrapment

The magistrate dismissed the case and reportedly said the Police were reckless.

Not that I have looked, but were the officers involved subject to any disciplinary action? Did they carry out this operation at their own volition or under instruction from some higher authority?
Was this a breach of OH&S requirements/regulations either Police or NSW regs?

If any of us, in cars or on bikes, had done any of the following that they reportedly did - spun wheels, dangerously pulled out in front of an oncoming vehicle, deliberately slowed down, then accelerated, pulled over to encourage overtaking on double white line and this was observed by a police officer, do you think you would have been booked?

I think yes, so hopefully the in car video record will be used as grounds for loss of licence of the officer in charge of the vehicle for the blatant disregard of laws/regs that apply to all road users.

Guess what, I hope to be wrong, but doubt the flagrant disregard for the road rules/regs or even just common sense will not be applied to the officer and/or officers concerned.

Quoting the end of the news article ....

"The case against the riders was dismissed. Ms Wynhausen criticised senior officers involved, saying their behaviour fell ''far short'' of the NSW Police Code of Conduct and Ethics.

A police statement said a standard review would be conducted into the failed court case and police would continue to target dangerous driver behaviour."

Let us hope that they target their own "dangerous driver behaviour" before they get on the streets to apply the rules the rules they are "responsible" for to the rest of the community.

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode