ECU flashing in Melbourne - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2013, 8:25 am Thread Starter

ECU flashing in Melbourne

I have a SF848 and would like to get the ECU flashed to eliminate the exhaust flapper and O2 sensors, can anyone recommend a place in Melbourne that does this sort of stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2013, 4:33 pm

Have a look for your nearest rexxer agent, they will be able to reflash and turn off the sensors for you

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2013, 6:26 pm

Thumbs up

Contact Brad Black, (03) 9563 2004

He's the man you need to see

Mike

__________________________________________________ ___
Raselet Razor, Dufono intercom, Simplex Camera, 851 Military radio, Three Cucciolos,Two Piuma 48 Sports, 125 Bronco, 125 Cadet 4, 3hp Bambi, 9hp Diesel, 350 Scrambler, 350 Project, 350 Vento, TS450, 450 Desmo, 450 Corsa, 600 Pantah, Elefant 750, 996 00, 748R 02

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2013, 7:36 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys! Anyone had trouble with their warranty after getting an ECU flash?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Try M.P.R , in Sunshine !
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 6:44 am

Schmuppet, if your at all mechanical I would recommend that you look up Ducatidiag http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/ on the net and posts about it on the Hypermotard forum. It is free software that enables you to access the Marelli ECU to perform the diagnostics that are done by the propriety DDS used in the workshop. It also has the added benefit (after paying the developer 100 euro for a license) to reflash your ECU with any DP profile for you bike. All you require is to purchase the cables to connect to your wiring loom. Cables can be purchased on ebay for about $20 - 30. Pretty cheap option that enables you to diagnose, trim, reset TPS and flash your ECU. If your really keen there is also software that enables you to read & modify the fuel maps.
I have reflashed my HM1100S and use it to do all my own diagnostic and servicing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Nick: 2008 Hypermotard S, 2010 Multistrada 1200S, 2006 Monster S2R
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2013, 6:36 am Thread Starter

I had a crack at using DucatiDiag but couldn't get my PC to connect. Not really keen on wasting my weekends on fiddling with it, plus I'd need to spend 100 euro on a license anyway. Looks like ~$400 is the going rate for a reflash.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2013, 12:14 am
Excel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmuppet View Post
I had a crack at using DucatiDiag but couldn't get my PC to connect. Not really keen on wasting my weekends on fiddling with it, plus I'd need to spend 100 euro on a license anyway. Looks like ~$400 is the going rate for a reflash.
Check out Tuneboy first - that way you can remap as many times as you like rather than a one off flash.

They are based in Hornsby NSW. I have it in my 2001 900 and very happy.

Richard

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2013, 6:51 am Thread Starter

I've heard Tuneboy takes a fair bit of figuring out??
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2013, 7:21 am
Excel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmuppet View Post
I've heard Tuneboy takes a fair bit of figuring out??
I don't think so or at least for my Marelli 15M ECU it is just a two dimensional map. Just like cells in an Excel spreadsheet, you just enter what you want for whatever the variable is for each cell.

Y axis is throttle position and the X axis is RPM. Then for each XY position you type in what you want. E.g. more or less fuel, more or less advance, offset to rear cylinder or whatever the ECU itself allows.

Poke around their web site, I think in the tutorials section, so you can see what it does and if it suits your knowledge or what you are prepared to learn about.

How much it can do depends upon the ECU you have. In my 2001 the ECU is not super duper, but I can remap as and when I like at the touch of a keyboard.

My starting map was the DP map, which I saved as a file never to be touched, then all other plays/tunes are saved with a different name or whatever to allow me to reload a good map in case I screwed up.

Richard

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode