That famous Frasers service - ie lack of - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2011, 11:40 pm Thread Starter
Bly

That famous Frasers service - ie lack of

I wobbled out to Frasers to pick up a tiny part for the Multi this morning.
I pulled up on the Streetfighter and parked in the car park next to some Harleys.
As soon as I walked in some foreshortened bald knobend with an American accent came up asking me to move my bike because that was where Harleys parked, or something. I said no, I'm just going to the spares counter and will move it shortly.
He persisted saying they are used bikes there so people might sit on it. I said well my helmet is on the tank so I doubt that will happen.
He then asked if he should move it for me. I replied no I will move it in a minute.
So I went to deal with the pleasant fellow at the spares counter, walking out only to find my bike moved and the helmet on the ground.

My blood was now starting to boil. I went up to the piece of sales shit and asked him if he moved my bike.
He replied "I asked you three times to move it". I said "you fucking prick, where is your boss?"
"out the back".
So I collared one of the lackeys who got one of the managers from upstairs.
I explained I don't come to their establishment to be treated like that and if anyone did that on the street I would flatten them.
I did actually contemplate pushing the cunt over the bike he was standing next to but restrained myself.
I also explained I know a lot of motorcyclists who would love to hear this kind of story about Frasers.
The manager told me he would deal with it directly and speak to the tool involved.
Dunno what happened though.
Nothing probably if he's meeting his sales targets.

Next time I'll make sure I lock the steering and I suggest you all do too next time you're there.

Multistrada 1100, sans fairing.
Black SFS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2011, 2:28 am

When you came out to find your bike moved, was there other bikes parked where yours was?
post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2011, 3:17 am

Quote:
because that was where Harleys parked, or something.
so, you really are not sure what he said. Maybe what he did say was legit and perhaps it would have been better if you just moved the bike. Just sayin situations like these generally have two sides and maybe he was not that off base, Then again, he may have been a rude a-hole who needed his knickers twisted a bit tighter.

1968 Kawasaki A1SS
1970 Kawasaki A7
1971 Kawasaki A1 (basket case)
1988 Gilera Saturno 500 x 2
2004 ST4s ABS (yeller)

post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2011, 3:54 am

So they've succeded again in loosing a customer because of their fucking useless antics.

Don't go back there Bly, you can buy OEM parts o/s at same or cheaper prices and I'm sure you can manage the servicings yourself. My bikes have never been back to the dealership since buying them. I spent about $1500 on tools years ago and have done all my own work since.

Will they ever learn that they rely on repeat customers for business? Fuc%^ng Harley parking, they're joking right!
post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2011, 4:39 am
bzr

For the uninitiated Frasers are Ducati Australia. The importer is NFI, stands for Norm Fraser Imports, from what I've been told Norm was a stand-up guy, I don't know as never met him who has now passed away & the son has 'a go'! I have had dealings with frasers in Sydney & in Newcastle, they want your money & then once they think they have you on file for the next ten service schedules they treat you like a simpleton & complete fucktard. I'm the same jwsparkes & the last Duc that I bought left frasers & wont be going back. There are other mechanics around that can work on our bikes without voiding the warranty.

Mutli 1200 S
This page has had 1283 visits! Please stop!!!Seriously!!!!
post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2011, 1:54 am

My mate sold his dook to buy a Harley from Frasers and he reckons they are the best bend over backwards to help him out ,they luv him.
I do my own work on the dooks as well, or try to at least.
post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2011, 5:00 am

How pedantic are they though!!?. Really, how rediculous, surely leaving the bike there for a short while is not going to make one iota of difference to anything except for that staff member's OCD register.

Customer service or respect is not in their vocab. Nothing could be said about their poor form that would surprise me.
post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2011, 2:53 pm

I knew Norm-bought my first bike off him when I was 12yrs old-know the son too-Warren is his name-and I have heard alot of the bad shit about the organisation over the years too-but this one comes so close to icing the cake-I have not been into a Frasers shop for about6 years-and if that was my bike that sales poof would be sporting a large black eye-find another shop where they care about ya
post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2011, 5:19 pm

I wish we could email this to Warren. His staff need a good smack in the chops! Or if they prefer to serve Harley riders perhaps I should say chaps...
post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2011, 5:34 pm Thread Starter
Bly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2VWS View Post
When you came out to find your bike moved, was there other bikes parked where yours was?
No the space was empty.

I don't go looking for trouble.
The HD sales guy was being an A class dick pure and simple.
First he said he needed the space for returning test ride bikes. Then it was customers might sit on mine cos there were used bikes nearby.
I simply said to him I'll be at the spares counter and will move it in a minute.
He then asked if he could move my bike to which I replied no.
The Ducati spares bloke was a pleasure to deal with by the way.

I bought a new Ducati 750 in 1976 from Norm Fraser.
He had a reputation even then of being hard to love.
The only reason you'd ever deal with them is because they are the sole importer of Ducati and Ducati parts. So I guess it follows they can treat their customers however they like.

Multistrada 1100, sans fairing.
Black SFS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode