That famous Frasers service - ie lack of - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2011, 8:18 am

It's interesting that the dealers service reputation is questioned when it seems that there was a fair bit of arrogance involved.

The moment you get off Concord/Parramatta Road you are on private property and your rights diminish somewhat. A representative of the owner asked several times to move your bike and yet you chose to ignore the requests and got stroppy when they moved it. I'm surprised that you didn't park it in the showroom because clearly that is a general parking space as well.

What would happen if someone entered your property and sat down and refused to move? What would you do? You would probably pick em up and throw them out - justifiably (with a quick slapping on the way).

2010 MultiStrada 1200ST
AltRiders: Crash Bars, Frame Sliders, Header Guard, Side Stand Foot, Water Pump Guard, Luggage Rack.
Evotech: Radiator and Oil Cooler Guards.
SW-Motech: Lowered Pegs, 30mm Bar Risers.
AMHP: Headlight Protectors.
DP: Carbon Tank Protectors.
Barkbusters.
Continental TKC80s

Gone but not forgotten:
2004 Monster 620
2005 Monster S4R
2005 MultiStrada 1000DS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2011, 2:39 pm Thread Starter
Bly

Quote:
Originally Posted by swells65 View Post
It's interesting that the dealers service reputation is questioned when it seems that there was a fair bit of arrogance involved.

The moment you get off Concord/Parramatta Road you are on private property and your rights diminish somewhat. A representative of the owner asked several times to move your bike and yet you chose to ignore the requests and got stroppy when they moved it. I'm surprised that you didn't park it in the showroom because clearly that is a general parking space as well.

What would happen if someone entered your property and sat down and refused to move? What would you do? You would probably pick em up and throw them out - justifiably (with a quick slapping on the way).
That's another way of looking at it I suppose.

The way I look at it is -
They are a huge dealership.
Their large car park was half empty.
There was no signage to say do not park here.
The staff member had an attitude from the word go.
Being rude to customers is bad business practice.

I run a small business and would NEVER talk to somebody like that who entered my premises to do business with me.

Maybe it's nothing. I thought people would be interested in my experience dealing with the only Ducati importer in the country.
Not only do we get robbed on price compared to the rest of the world but it seems we have to enjoy getting bullied when we go there to buy parts.
schulzie likes this.

Multistrada 1100, sans fairing.
Black SFS.
post #13 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Wasnt his property-he was only an employee on said property-and being a complete dickwad on that property
Its about how you treat people that are customers-sales people are supposed to be the best at understanding that
Maybe he just found out he didnt make budget for the previous month
Either way sounds like a real cock head

post #14 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Garage
Nice story Bly, Loved the first post.

It was written like Oz poetry of the working man. Really had a good laugh at your description.

You were right, most of us are interested in your experience dealing with the only Ducati importer in the country.

899 project
post #15 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Able Duc View Post
Nice story Bly, Loved the first post.

It was written like Oz poetry of the working man. Really had a good laugh at your description.

You were right, most of us are interested in your experience dealing with the only Ducati importer in the country.
+1 Because it nearly equates to the only time I ever darkened their doorstep in Sydney to get my bike serviced in the middle of a rather long ride I went on.
post #16 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 2011, 6:34 pm
bzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by swells65 View Post

Bloody hell mate, do you work for frasers?
I could relate to a half dozen times that I was treated poorly in Newy, instead I just don't go there!

Mutli 1200 S
This page has had 1283 visits! Please stop!!!Seriously!!!!
post #17 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 2011, 8:56 pm Thread Starter
Bly

So... where do people get their Streeetfighters serviced in Sydney?

I do my own work on the aircooled Multi, not sure about the new four-valver though.

I was gunna use Frasers but would prefer some place they don't pick a fight with you just for going there to give them money.

Black SFS.
post #18 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Bly if you wanna learn the ropes on the 996 (assuming that's what you have), and care to visit Newcastle I'm happy to help you. Have been working on the 996 myself since new. Have workshop manual, illustrated parts catalogue and Haynes manual. It's no harder than the 2 valver really (which I am also familiar with).

Only thing I've nto done is overhaul the forks, when the time came for the showa's I simply brought a pair of 996S Ohlins

If you have the tools for your multi, there's not much else you'd need Perhaps those particular socket sizes for 996?

Cheers.
post #19 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 2011, 2:55 am Thread Starter
Bly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsparkes View Post
Bly if you wanna learn the ropes on the 996 (assuming that's what you have), and care to visit Newcastle I'm happy to help you. Have been working on the 996 myself since new. Have workshop manual, illustrated parts catalogue and Haynes manual. It's no harder than the 2 valver really (which I am also familiar with).

Only thing I've nto done is overhaul the forks, when the time came for the showa's I simply brought a pair of 996S Ohlins

If you have the tools for your multi, there's not much else you'd need Perhaps those particular socket sizes for 996?

Cheers.
Thanks mate it's a Streetfighter.
Yeah doing the work myself is really the best way to go I think.
I have the shop manual so will do a little research and see what else I need.

Black SFS.
post #20 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 2011, 3:11 am

There is always Northside but they are about the same as Frasers in the attitude dept. Sometimes they are great, sometimes they are really bad.

Gowenloch's have a good reputation for older models so I am not sure how that translates to new models.

I am interested on other's views too as my SF is up for a service too and still in warranty.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Motorcycle App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode