Mechanic recommendation for carbie 2V rebuild (no dealerships) - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 8:01 am Thread Starter

Mechanic recommendation for carbie 2V rebuild (no dealerships)

I will be moving to Austin with a fully disassembled motor that needs to be rebuilt - the motor is far from stock. I am looking for a well respected, local "Ducati guru" who knows their 2Vs, and operates out of an independent shop (no dealerships). If they're outside of Austin, that is okay too.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 8:30 am
Prolific Poster Award

I think you’re going to need to talk to the local riders and racers and find out what is going on in your new neighborhood. Take a ride around to the independent shops in the area and see what’s what. The dealer may not want anything to do with your built up motor anyway, but they may know who will.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 8:34 am Thread Starter

Hey duc96cr,

Those are good ideas, thanks. I posted on the Austin DOC FB page early today in hopes of receiving local feedback. I'll contact the dealer too, and when I arrive in Austin, I will definitely speak more to the local Ducati crowd.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 10:40 am

Garage
I've no personal experience with service or repair work with the shop but Micah, Ed and the guys at AF-1 Racing would be a good place to start. They're in Austin and New Braunfels.

They're primarily an Aprilia dealership but they're good folks and could point you in the right direction if they couldn't do the work.

Also, AF-1 is the home of the Aprilia Forum which has a Ducati section. You might try lurking there and see what the members there have to recommend too......sean

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 11:49 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannaduc View Post
I've no personal experience with service or repair work with the shop but Micah, Ed and the guys at AF-1 Racing would be a good place to start. They're in Austin and New Braunfels.

They're primarily an Aprilia dealership but they're good folks and could point you in the right direction if they couldn't do the work.

Also, AF-1 is the home of the Aprilia Forum which has a Ducati section. You might try lurking there and see what the members there have to recommend too......sean
I just called them. Micah and Ed are out at a racing event, but I emailed Micah. I'm interested to hear his recommendation.

Thanks Iwannaduc!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode