Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

748R XDF and ECU questions

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Punch 
#1 ·
Hi all

I’ve been floating around this site reading through pages and pages trying to work out how to go about tuning my 2000 748R.

I have all the gear and software working but am still trying to find a working .xdf for my bike.

And this is where things get interesting.

Looking into the ECU this is the model I have
IAW 16M.A0
16M904-BIP947
DUCATI 916 BIposto EU.

This is then being coupled with a DP965024AAA chip.

So firstly is this the ECU that all 748R’s run or has this one been switched in at some point and I need to look into differences.

And secondly does anyone have a working xdf that will be suited for the ecu and chipset above (yes I have the gear and have ripped the .bin file off the chip already)

Cheers

Jono

See less See more
#3 ·
all 16m are the same, regardless of the sticker. i would have thought by 2000 they'd have dropped 916 of the label though. maybe been replaced.

the fuel for the xdf looks correct for a 748r dp file i have - might not be the same as yours, ive not see the 024 file - but the spark is off.

#5 ·
@Punch - Yeah I have that one but some of the stuff looks pretty funky. Seems to work fine on a stock 748 .bin file but not the 748R one.

Which chip were you looking at with it?

Local shop owner has a stash of different chips and says I can rip the .bin files off so when I get round to it I should have a bunch of different base maps I can start from.

Just getting into this as I have a similar skill set professionally, my coding is less than up to scratch but I have enough mates to help me out if needed.
Any info I find out I’m always more than willing to share.

#6 ·
Reactions: Aff-man
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.