Connect controller LC-1 to my IAW1.6M - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 3:30 pm Thread Starter

Connect controller LC-1 to my IAW1.6M

With the scanm16 USB app and the obd-usb connector I connect perfectly to the ecu IAW16M of my st2.
I added the LC-1 controller, can I connect it to the app with a USB hub?
First obd-usb connector port
Second serial-usb converter port LC-1.
Has anyone ever tried it?

Thank you

...il suono del Desmo quello che va in risonanza col cuore.... F. Taglioni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 6:01 pm
Excel Addict

I think you need to use the ELM Bluetooth adapter to connect the 16M to the App and USB the LC-1 to the Android device.

Reach out to Andreaz, he has done it on a 15M.
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/241-tec...ml#post6512834

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2019, 3:52 pm Thread Starter

At the suggestion of Punch (thanks!) I contacted andreaz and in the meantime also Christian Giupponi creator of the App.
Andreaz replied almost immediately (thanks also to you) and confirmed that he used an RS232-Bluetooth adapter; shortly after Giupponi confirmed to me that the App is not able to manage the USB input from the LC-1 controller but that it can do it via bluetooth through a hc06 rs232-bluetooth converter.
I therefore purchased a hc06, configured as indicatomi and tried, but the lambda value does not change.
From a PC through a specific app I checked the functioning and the adapter works correctly at 19200baud speed.
Does anyone have ideas or suggestions to make it work?

thank you

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2019, 10:58 pm
Excel Addict

My post in #2 was the wrong way around, based on the info you got from Christian.

I have not used the App or the HC-06
Is the App connecting to the HC-06?
What do you mean by "the lambda value does not change"?

I do not remember why I saved the link below, but probably because I read somewhere the HC-06 needed to be set up for the LC-1
I think it was the Baud rate.

Did you find any instructions for setting up the HC-06 with Scan16M

https://www.instructables.com/id/AT-...etooth-module/

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2019, 1:10 am Thread Starter

I followed his guide to hc06 setting

http://christian.giupponi.free.fr/An...anM5X_HC06.htm

told me that the app cannot work with the USB-connected LC-1 controller, but only connected bluetooth with a rs232-bluetooth converter.
I purchased the adapter, configured as it says in the guide, connected to the phone the App recognizes it and connects perfectly.
However, when I turn on the bike, the lambda value remains at 640 / 0.00 and does not change.
i attach two screenshot of the app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190828-WA0012_1567058971441.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	952167   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190828-WA0011_1567058985996.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	952169  

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2019, 9:52 pm
Excel Addict

Is that with the bike running?

I have noticed from logged data that it can take some time, with the bike running, before the AFR or Lambda data looks realistic.

Also, you could try downloading ScanST to your computer the use that App to check that the LC-1 data is correct.
I have attached a guide I wrote years ago. I think it still refers to version 310, but it is up to 320 or maybe 321, but the principles are the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Punch's guide to ScanST logging and modifying Short version 22 Dec 2018.pdf (191.8 KB, 5 views)

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2019, 9:50 am Thread Starter

The first photo is the screenshot with the bike on, after a while the lambda values ​​do not change.

I contacted Christian Giupponi, creator of the App that helped me step by step, making tests.
For now it seems that the problem is more serious than expected and that it depends on the latest updates of Android that do not allow to work together both data acquisition from USB and via bluetooth.
He gave me a modified version, but he has already announced that it may not work for the reason given above.
I could not try the new version, I am at sea with family this weekend, even Christian is not there so we will talk about it on Monday

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2019, 9:56 am Thread Starter

I tried to connect LC-1 to the portable version of ScanSt and it seems to work, but recording is not good. The data is recorded, but the lambda value does not remain fixed.
LC-1 works correctly because in the window reserved for reading lamdba, the value changes.
I then tried with a 3.20 version, but it doesn't record anything.
Thanks for the guide, Monday at home I try to check again

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2019, 3:52 am
Excel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmojob View Post
I tried to connect LC-1 to the portable version of ScanSt and it seems to work, but recording is not good. The data is recorded, but the lambda value does not remain fixed.
LC-1 works correctly because in the window reserved for reading lamdba, the value changes.
I then tried with a 3.20 version, but it doesn't record anything.
Thanks for the guide, Monday at home I try to check again
Have you had success?

I went through our stack of old computers at work and found an Acer A500 tablet that is USB host.

Finally managed to download Scanm16 (reminds me why I use a Mac!)

If you had success in getting data it would be great if you could write up exactly what you did, settings for the HC-06 etc.

I would prefer not to go through the learning curve if someone has already done it.
I will also email Andreaz to get a step by step how to.
I have an HC-06 somewhere but do not know if it works as I spilt beer all over it one night!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2019, 6:08 am Thread Starter

hi, I haven't registered any lambda data yet because innovate doesn't connect to the app.
HC06 connects and seems to be very easy to tie it, but I still don't read anything.
I wrote a lot of emails to Christian, he is very kindly helping me and he has done at least three new versions of the App to try to solve the problem.
The last email I sent last night, I'm waiting for an answer.

Tonight I tell you how to tie hc06 with Android, but in Christian's guide there is certainly how to do

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in