Acceleration Enrichment in IAW5AM - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 9:23 am Thread Starter
Member
 
highflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aigion, , Greece
Posts: 31
Acceleration Enrichment in IAW5AM

Hello all

I have drastically modified the inlet tracts of a HYM1100 engine and while not finished tuning the main fuel maps yet, I most likely will have to tune for the acceleration enrichment too.
Anyone knows how this function is implemented/works on IAW5AM ?
It will also be helpfull in screening out some logged data points.

I use the Biposto SC1000 .xdf and .bin attached, which present a "Fuel phase/Accel enrich/Transient" and a probable "Correction Throttle Movement" map, but I'm not sure what these values are, or how they are used to modify the final fuel value.
Any info will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1230435.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	415.5 KB
ID:	947853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Accel.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	947855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Throttle movement.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	947857  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rapida_Current_A.bin.pdf (320.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf 5AM_Ducati_SC1000_BIPOSTO_(Stock&DP)_(28641281D 96518407B)_S4RS_(28641461A 96517906B)_V1.35.xdf.pdf (84.5 KB, 17 views)

Angelo
1100SS
highflyer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 6:42 pm
Excel Addict
 
Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Umina Beach, NSW, Australia
Posts: 5,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
Hello all

I have drastically modified the inlet tracts of a HYM1100 engine and while not finished tuning the main fuel maps yet, I most likely will have to tune for the acceleration enrichment too.
Anyone knows how this function is implemented/works on IAW5AM ?
It will also be helpfull in screening out some logged data points.

I use the Biposto SC1000 .xdf and .bin attached, which present a "Fuel phase/Accel enrich/Transient" and a probable "Correction Throttle Movement" map, but I'm not sure what these values are, or how they are used to modify the final fuel value.
Any info will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Hi Angelo.

Can you send me a log file that used the bin you posted please.
You have my email from years ago.

Meinolf would probably. be able to give you the best answer to your acceleration question.

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
Punch is online now  
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 10:34 pm Thread Starter
Member
 
highflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aigion, , Greece
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
Hi Angelo.

Can you send me a log file that used the bin you posted please.
You have my email from years ago.

Meinolf would probably. be able to give you the best answer to your acceleration question.
Hi Richard.
It's been a long time...

Haven't tested this particular one .bin yet.
Do you want an earlier log with the relevant .bin ?
There are two versions of this (earlier) log :
A) Raw, no translation of throttle mVs to degrees opening and
B) Translated mVs to deg.
Smoothed AFR and throttle opening.
Calculated rate of throttle movement.

I see you are studying Python.
I've written some code for logged data processing in C.
Works just fine .
If it helps, I could prepare a flowchart of how I do it and send it too.

Cheers

Angelo
1100SS
highflyer is offline  
 
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 11:59 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,029
on the first page of meinolf's 59m thread he said he hadn't seen an acceleration enrichment table in 59/am ecu, not like the earlier ecu had had. i wonder if the processor speed is a factor?

i'd be surprised if it makes a lot of difference. the main issue is that you need to compensate for the change in airflow at any given throttle opening, so once the steady state fuelling is correct the transitional i don't think will need to be much different. i fitted a set of 50mm throttles from a 4v that kaemna had modifed to a 1000ss, and i think i added 10% across the bottom of the fuel map to allow for the increased airflow at any given opening and it surprisingly seemed about right. think it got dp cams too, now that i think about it.

know all wanker
belter is online now  
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2019, 3:45 am
Excel Addict
 
Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Umina Beach, NSW, Australia
Posts: 5,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
Hi Richard.
It's been a long time...

Haven't tested this particular one .bin yet.
Do you want an earlier log with the relevant .bin ?
There are two versions of this (earlier) log :
A) Raw, no translation of throttle mVs to degrees opening and
B) Translated mVs to deg.
Smoothed AFR and throttle opening.
Calculated rate of throttle movement.

I see you are studying Python.
I've written some code for logged data processing in C.
Works just fine .
If it helps, I could prepare a flowchart of how I do it and send it too.

Cheers
Actually the bin does not really matter.
I would just like to see your lodged data to plug that into my workbook to see how you are travelling with AFR.

Python - at my age (64) I vowed I would not learn something new like Python. but then I cannot help myself!

Maths, well Excel, is an obsession for my work and non-work stuff.
Google Sheets is extremely cool as well as it has some functions not yet in Excel.
I do heaps for my work in Excel and Google sheets.

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
Punch is online now  
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2019, 12:03 pm Thread Starter
Member
 
highflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aigion, , Greece
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by belter View Post
on the first page of meinolf's 59m thread he said he hadn't seen an acceleration enrichment table in 59/am ecu, not like the earlier ecu had had. i wonder if the processor speed is a factor?

i'd be surprised if it makes a lot of difference. the main issue is that you need to compensate for the change in airflow at any given throttle opening, so once the steady state fuelling is correct the transitional i don't think will need to be much different. i fitted a set of 50mm throttles from a 4v that kaemna had modifed to a 1000ss, and i think i added 10% across the bottom of the fuel map to allow for the increased airflow at any given opening and it surprisingly seemed about right. think it got dp cams too, now that i think about it.
I've found Meinolf's thread you mentioned and it seems my original question is not valid
Somewhere else he refers to Beard's final - for the 1198S - .xdf , from which, the maps I asked for info in my first post, are deleted.
So, case is pretty much closed.

Only one question (may be irrelevant) remains in my mind :
When I first fired her up, using the stock Biposto .bin - meaning +30% fuel everywhere on account of yellow (749/999) injectors instead of the brown ones, with the slightest blip of the throttle it revved more like a Honda RC 166 250 six rather than a Duc. - it was super cool, if not of any practical value.
This stopped when I set the fuelling low down (up to 2500 RPM) to produce about 13.2 AFR. which was optimal for smooth idle and pick-up and led me to conclude that, a good portion of the fuel wets the inlet tract walls instead of getting into the combustion chamber with fast throttle opening.
Anyway, I'm far from finished with the main maps to start testing for fast throttle changes.
I'll let you all know if I find something definite on this.

Richard, you have mail.
I hope you can make some sense out of these.
Else, please ask me.

Cheers

Angelo
1100SS
highflyer is offline  
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2019, 2:39 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Uelversheim, , Germany
Posts: 83
Hi Angelo,

long time no see. I trust you are well and found time to walk the Camino de Santiago.

As to the subject at hand. Whenever I delved into Duc BINs and the associated XDFs I deleted or corrected the parameters which were erroneously named. The XDFs I did touch are on Beards website.

The 5AM does have several throttle change speed related parameters. The ones I found most useful are the °/s TPS change speed threshold values, below which the accel (& decel) enrichment is inactive. The picture (Guzzi BIN) has all those parameters.

Send me a email (my address is unchanged) or PM and I'd be happy to share the disassembled BIN. I'm sure that finding the respective code and parameters in a Duc BIN is no big challenge for you.

Yia sou
Meinolf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Accel_related_parameters.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	948031  
Meinolf is offline  
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2019, 11:40 pm Thread Starter
Member
 
highflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aigion, , Greece
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meinolf View Post
Hi Angelo,

long time no see. I trust you are well and found time to walk the Camino de Santiago.

As to the subject at hand. Whenever I delved into Duc BINs and the associated XDFs I deleted or corrected the parameters which were erroneously named. The XDFs I did touch are on Beards website.

The 5AM does have several throttle change speed related parameters. The ones I found most useful are the °/s TPS change speed threshold values, below which the accel (& decel) enrichment is inactive. The picture (Guzzi BIN) has all those parameters.

Send me a email (my address is unchanged) or PM and I'd be happy to share the disassembled BIN. I'm sure that finding the respective code and parameters in a Duc BIN is no big challenge for you.

Yia sou
Meinolf
Hi Meinolf,

I was hoping to meet you at the latest Guzzisti Gathering in Patras 2-3 weeks ago

Naah, I can see you've made immense progress with assembly that left me far behind, the result of your methodical vs my casual approach.
I'll give it a go though.

I'll send you some pictures too, from the project I was working on for the last couple of years :
the 1100SS " Rápida" track bike .

Tschüß

Angelo
1100SS
highflyer is offline  
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2019, 3:27 am
Member
 
UKSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: York, , UK
Posts: 34
Garage
Hello Angelo,

how are you finding the AFR with Eng temp increase from say 50 to 75? Did you increase correction as it climbed? Looks like you have, I had to with my 1000DS.

I used a 1100MTS xdf to look at your main fuel, how come the values are so low is that because of the injector change?

I too have been testing "Fuel Phase/Accel enrich /Tran" as it's labeled. Comparing spikes and dips in AFR from off the stop to pick-up mostly.

If you get any address (hex) for any of what Meinolf commented on would you pass them on it might help me find them in my 1000DS xdf which isn't the same as any 1100.

A recent significant change for mine was with ignition timing, mine had a obvious dip in a main area when viewed as graph. I took that out to look more flowing, one point I added 9 deg of advance is was that much of a dip. The 1100 all be it requiring and being different didn't seem to have the dip. Mine's a 2003 1000MTS.

Thanks,
Steve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	102A ignition.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	948329  

Last edited by UKSteve; Jul 12th, 2019 at 8:07 am.
UKSteve is offline  
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2019, 2:29 pm Thread Starter
Member
 
highflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aigion, , Greece
Posts: 31
Hi Steve,
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSteve View Post
Hello Angelo,

how are you finding the AFR with Eng temp increase from say 50 to 75? Did you increase correction as it climbed? Looks like you have, I had to with my 1000DS.
Didn't go there yet. I'm still trying to tune the main fuel map. I log only when the engine is thoroughly hot (guess over 75-80 C)
I used a 1100MTS xdf to look at your main fuel, how come the values are so low is that because of the injector change?
Yes, the yellow ones have 30% more flow, plus I increased the fuel pressure somewhat for better atomization.
I too have been testing "Fuel Phase/Accel enrich /Tran" as it's labeled. Comparing spikes and dips in AFR from off the stop to pick-up mostly.
I believe this table is for fuel phase only. Very similar to a S4RS .bin I examined.
Any positive conclusions on the dips/spikes ?

If you get any address (hex) for any of what Meinolf commented on would you pass them on it might help me find them in my 1000DS xdf which isn't the same as any 1100.
Meinolf's are fine for Guzzis . Although Richard or Meinolf is your best bet, if you're not in a hurry, I could have a go at the .xdf and .bin you are using. Sometimes I too enjoy a bit of detective work.

A recent significant change for mine was with ignition timing, mine had a obvious dip in a main area when viewed as graph. I took that out to look more flowing, one point I added 9 deg of advance is was that much of a dip. The 1100 all be it requiring and being different didn't seem to have the dip. Mine's a 2003 1000MTS.
I think timing is closely related to Volumetric Efficiency - if it has a bump at a certain area, it follows that advance decreases there.You can see what I mean, if you look at the full throttle timing at the peak torque (Max V.E.) region (about 4 cells) : you'd expect the advance to increase with revs, to maintain a constant burn period, but as V.E. (hence flame speed) increases too, the net result is constant timing.
What I would do is, to look at the Fuel Map (the original) together with rpm to see if the dip you found is justified or not.
Then again it may be there for emissions or noise reasons

Thanks,
Steve.
Cheers,

Angelo
1100SS

Last edited by highflyer; Jul 13th, 2019 at 2:31 pm. Reason: orthographic errors
highflyer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome