¿What if I just unplug exhaust valve? Hyper 1100 2008 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2018, 7:53 am Thread Starter

¿What if I just unplug exhaust valve? Hyper 1100 2008

Hi there. Was wondering what will happen if I just unplug the exhaust valve? Could I just unscrew the flap inside the exhaust? Advice please, thanks! Oh, why? Well, just want the bike to sound like a man bike so no rev control sound there for me sir! 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2002 620ie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2018, 8:26 am
Sophomore Member

The bike will throw the exhaust valve error code and light up the check engine light. There are products you can plug in to trick the bike. If you are going to unplug it, might as well remove the motor and cables to drop a pou
cmejia1978 likes this.

Thomas Williams
2018 Multistrada PP, 2012 Hypermotard 1100 Evo SP, 1995 900SS/SP
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2018, 4:56 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bills View Post
The bike will throw the exhaust valve error code and light up the check engine light. There are products you can plug in to trick the bike. If you are going to unplug it, might as well remove the motor and cables to drop a pou

Thanks will start today! Thanks

2002 620ie

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2018, 4:50 am
Excel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bills View Post
Not wishing to seem like doom and disaster, but sometimes if something is disconnected, the ECU will go into a "safe" mode and performance may be worse.

I think I have an XDF and bin file for your model, so will check if the exhaust valve can be disabled in the bin/map file.
If it can be, then it should not throw the error code and check engine light and possibly consequences.

Before I start looking, is your bike stock or open airbox, free flowing exhaust etc.?
cmejia1978 likes this.

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2018, 7:22 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
Not wishing to seem like doom and disaster, but sometimes if something is disconnected, the ECU will go into a "safe" mode and performance may be worse.

I think I have an XDF and bin file for your model, so will check if the exhaust valve can be disabled in the bin/map file.

If it can be, then it should not throw the error code and check engine light and possibly consequences.

Before I start looking, is your bike stock or open airbox, free flowing exhaust etc.?

Thank you! Everything oem, no mods

2002 620ie
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2018, 1:28 am
Excel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmejia1978 View Post
Thank you! Everything oem, no mods

This is a 2008 stock bin and I used Tunerpro to set the Exhaust Valve flag to Off.

Also this is the XDF I used to do that. With that file, after downloading remove the .pdf so it it an XDF

You will need the cables and I use and recommend Lonelec to connect to the ECU so you can firstly read the existing bin file (30 minutes) then save it somewhere really safe.
After that you can write the attached bin after downloading from here and removing the .txt so it is a bin file.

https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-...nterface-Cable
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5AM_Ducati_Hypermotard_1100_V1.0.xdf.pdf (16.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: txt hyper-original-map exhaust valve off via Tunerpro.bin.txt (320.0 KB, 11 views)
cmejia1978 likes this.

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2018, 8:46 am Thread Starter

Quote:
This is a 2008 stock bin and I used Tunerpro to set the Exhaust Valve flag to Off.

Also this is the XDF I used to do that. With that file, after downloading remove the .pdf so it it an XDF

You will need the cables and I use and recommend Lonelec to connect to the ECU so you can firstly read the existing bin file (30 minutes) then save it somewhere really safe.

After that you can write the attached bin after downloading from here and removing the .txt so it is a bin file.

https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-...nterface-Cable

OMG Really thank you! Will try to follow all steps carefully and get that tool! Thanks!

2002 620ie
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2018, 5:22 pm
Excel Addict

Quote:
OMG Really thank you! Will try to follow all steps carefully and get that tool! Thanks!

It is not guaranteed that the valve will actually be off.
It may be that it can been seen in the bin, but not changed in the bin, even though it looks like it is off.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2018, 9:07 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
It is not guaranteed that the valve will actually be off.

It may be that it can been seen in the bin, but not changed in the bin, even though it looks like it is off.

Best mod I have done to my hyper! Now it runs smoother, no backfires at all! Thank you all! SOLVED

2002 620ie
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2018, 9:11 pm
Excel Addict

Quote:
Best mod I have done to my hyper! Now it runs smoother, no backfires at all! Thank you all! SOLVED
So the bin I sent with the Exhaust Valve off actually did have the valve off?

Just interested to know (and gather information) about what does work.
cmejia1978 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode