59M ECU XDF (ST4S,800/1000SS)-Still of interest? - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2018, 2:32 pm

Garage
Hi Meinolf,
Good info, can't verify because ignition tables on 59m are the same for both cyl an injection with engine running always fluctuate, specially at idle.
The thing that I've verified is that the ignition values are exactly the same of main table or idle tables that take over for tps<5.
Maybe the ignition correction tables are disabled, i don't have at home an oscilloscope to verify...

Today I've searched for the ecu uc in the work pc, found the datasheet but not yet the repair manual with the other info...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2m78xjayu...orola.pdf?dl=0

Davide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meinolf View Post
Hi,

and here comes 59M Beta4: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dN...ik7Hrm10NpYYfX

Cheers
Meinolf
Hello Meinolf

in "38 C F4 Fuel Air Temp Pressure Correction 16x13 ->4DDDO" columns are "3A 1 04 Legend Battery Voltage (70-160) ->4D056" is that what you intended?

Steve.
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 9:45 am
Just visiting your planet.

Garage
Quote:
Hi,

and here comes 59M Beta4: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dN...ik7Hrm10NpYYfX

Cheers
Meinolf
Just wondering if there's been any further development beyond Beta4. Is there a Beta5 or final xdf?

All this mapping stuff is pretty interesting and I'm afraid I might be getting sucked down the rabbit hole.

2005 ST3
2003 749s

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2019, 6:15 am

Location: Deeping St James, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Just wanted to drop a quick thanks to everyone who has been working on this project. You've improved the starting of my 2001 st4s immeasurably

I've been having starting / running issues with my st4s since i bought it back in 2012. Been through loads of parts trying to resolve the issue, good news is that i know the bike inside and out now!

Recently found this thread and thought I'd try getting the data from my ECU, mainly to switch off the immobiliser as i don't have the red key or the key card for this bike and only one key which works with the immobiliser.

Downloaded all the appropriate software required and successfully got the data from my ECU, immediately ran into an issue where my bin file does not align with the xdf generated by Meinolf, so was unsure if i could still turn off the immobiliser in my bin file as the location could be different.

I then saw the bin file that Meinolf was available for download and obviously that aligns with the xdf perfectly so i figured I'd try download that bin into my ECU (did a trial run with my bin file first) Downloaded the new bin file successfully and hit the start button, The bike sprang into life as soon as i pressed the button! From cold and without touching the enrichment lever! something that would have been impossible with my original map.

One happy camper now, not touched the immobiliser settings yet but that's only a few minute job. Now to find a DP map for it

Bit of history, On the early st4s (apparently) the calibration software for starting was iffy, this was a known issue and Ducati dealers were resolving it by replacing the ECU's. In later model year bikes the calibration was changed and the issue resolved.

2001 St4s
1998 Yamaha TDM850
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2019, 12:35 am Thread Starter

Hi,

Quote:
Now, coming to the question. Is there any interest in such a community effort?
since the start of this thread it has become obvious that there's no interest in a community effort.

So here's the final XDF, I will not invest any more time and effort.
https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/do...3_1.01.xdf.zip
All included parameters are referenced in the code.

Cheers
Meinolf
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2019, 9:27 am
Prolific Poster Award

Quote:
Hi,

since the start of this thread it has become obvious that there's no interest in a community effort.

So here's the final XDF, I will not invest any more time and effort.
https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/do...3_1.01.xdf.zip
All included parameters are referenced in the code.

Cheers
Meinolf
Meinolf you have done amazing "work" with this.

If I knew anything at all about hex and XDFs I would gladly have helped you.
I think you know my forte lies elsewhere and like you offer that at no cost and nor any expectation of something in return apart from support, data, opinion and whatever.

Mate - you do awesome stuff!
My datalogging workbook analysis is so much better with your valuable and valued insightful input.
cb4265 likes this.

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2019, 9:36 am Thread Starter

Hi Richard,

thanks for your kind and appreciative words. Let me reply in kind, you do great work!

Cheers
Meinolf
cb4265 likes this.
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2019, 11:31 am
Just visiting your planet.

Garage
I would also like to say, "Thank you!"

Do not think for a minute that your work has gone unappreciated. It is people like you and others sharing their expertise with the rest of us less knowledgeable people that strengthens the do-it-yourself community.

2005 ST3
2003 749s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in