New to Lancaster, PA - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2016, 9:39 pm Thread Starter

New to Lancaster, PA

Hey all, we just moved to Lancaster, PA and were wondering how many Duc owners are in the area and if there's a decent local mechanic? We've got a pair of ST3's. Lots of decent looking roads around here compared to where we came from (Northern VA). Any suggestions for riding routes would be welcome!

2004 ST3 Silver

ducsacrossamerica.blogspot.com
2012 IBA SaddleSore 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2016, 11:57 am

Hi Crabby -

I can't give you an answer but just wanted to say hi as I'm in a similar situation. Moving from Chicago to just outside of Philly and wondering about the support for Ducatis in the area. I'm actually weighing whether or not to keep my bike and bring it with on the move, or sell it and let someone else enjoy it. Mine is an 800ss setup for track, and I don't know the area so well except for NJ Motorsports park, so I'm not sure how much use I'd really get of it.

Anyhow, hope you get some answers and if I see some ST3s on the road, I'll give ya a wave!

2003 800ss (the one with the nice bits) Red track bike
"You may have passed me at Autobahn"
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2016, 2:45 pm

Isn't Ferracci's in the area? Pretty well known shop, not sure how close you are though, they are a little north of Philly..

'77 RD-400
'03 FLSTF
'06 Sport 1000 Yellow
'04 XL1200R
'07 999s

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2016, 8:55 pm

Garage
Hey Crabby and Kevin- Welcome to PA!
Jcasella- Yes, Ferracci is (somewhat) in the area, and I recommend them, however they would be about 1.5 to 2 hours from Lancaster county. I have not had work done at Koups, but they are in the Harrisburg area, which would be closer to Lancaster. Seem like knowledgeable guys and were always friendly when I've talked to them. There is/ was a fellow named Tim there in Parts/Service who used to have a GT1000- real nice guy. I've run into him at the Ephrata First Sunday ride, as well: Ephrate First Sunday Motorcycle Rally . You might want to check that out some "first Sunday" of the month- all kinds of bikes (Yes, lots of H-D's as you might expect, but other stuff does show up- check the pic's.).

I don't live in the Lancaster area, but frequently head out that way when I can- great roads and scenery!! I'm about one hour east and always enjoy riding in the area. Watch for horse poop from the buggies, and the buggies themselves. Also, weekends you'll get the tourist/ outlet shopper traffic near Rte 30... ugh.

Here's something I found recently and rode a good part of the "Route 5- Roads near the Susquehanna River". Rte 324 on the southern part of that loop is great! : 21 tips: Take these great motorcycle trips in Lancaster County | Local News | lancasteronline.com

I've also done a tour of the covered bridges in Lancaster County with a car group- that was fun and would be cool to do on a bike. There's a number of them in the area and are pretty neat to see (and go through!).
There may be some folks from the Lancaster area who will chime in on this. Would like to see what they might recommend as well.
Enjoy!

2010 GT1000
1956 Cushman Eagle
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2016, 9:46 pm

Thanks for posting the trip tips. Moved here (Audubon) almost 2 years ago; last summer purchased a 749 and just started parting out a 800SS track bike after the quote from FBF to fix the motor. Hope you find some nice routes to ride.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2016, 9:33 pm

Garage
Welcome from historic Gettysburg! Any plans for the Ephrata meet this sunday?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2016, 11:32 pm Thread Starter

I just realized I wasn't getting notifications from this board, so I missed the messages!

I will definitely have to check out the Ephrata first Sundays - missed it this month, and out of town next month but sounds pretty interesting. The roads are pretty fun to drive in the car, so I think riding will be great. We just got the registration and inspections done. Funnily enough, a workman who came by our house saw the bikes and says a buddy of his in the area is a Ducati-trained mechanic and he gave us his number, so we'll be taking advantage of that for sure.

We did a couple of the covered bridge tours in the car last year, and they would be fun on the bikes, too. I love running across those - it just never gets old.

2004 ST3 Silver

2012 IBA SaddleSore 1000
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Garage
I'm about 20 miles north of Lancaster. Feel free to reach out in spring if you're still in the area.

If you still need a Ducati mechanic there is one in the area I can point you to.

1993 Ducati 900SS - 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona 1000 - 1996 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100 - 2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2017, 10:30 pm Thread Starter

Awesome! One of our bikes has an tiny oil leak we just can't seem to fix, so you'll probably be hearing from us.

2004 ST3 Silver

2012 IBA SaddleSore 1000
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2017, 9:39 pm

Garage
Still in Lancaster Crabbyjay? If so I was planning on riding to the Ephrata Breakfast ride the first Sunday in July.

1993 Ducati 900SS - 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona 1000 - 1996 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100 - 2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode