Affordable GPS Tracker. - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2019, 7:02 am Thread Starter

Affordable GPS Tracker.

If like me, you were put off with the high purchase cost and monthly contract with GPS trackers you are in the right place. Middle of 2018 I started to search in earnest for an affordable GPS tracker as I was planning a Euro trip for 2019. Unfortunately, that idea went up in smoke and my savings went elsewhere.

I found a company in UK selling a product (made in EU) with global coverage at a very good price compared to competitors. I purchased the DB1-Lite which was pre-configured, all I had to do was install using positive and negative wires, download the software and well, that was it. It has the ability to send sms alerts when movement is detected, kill the engine, plus many other useful things. All your rides are recorded and saved for 12 month in the cloud server. If the bike is stolen and the battery disconnected the internal lithium has enough power for 8 hours of reporting time. More than enough time to find a gun, I mean your pride and joy.

I have had this fitted for a few weeks now and found it extremely accurate. The support given is second to none with replies always within 24hrs.

I have no connection with the sellers, I'm just super stoked that it works far better than my expectations.
Hope this helps someone if you were on the fence.
https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/mot...acking-package
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 5.42.43 PM.png
Views:	42
Size:	303.8 KB
ID:	937121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0804 2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	937123  

'06 999s
'03 SS 1000 (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2019, 12:39 am
Administrator

Garage
What is the monthly fee (or is it free) for the cellular service?

Scott
Sacramento CA

'03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW R1250GSA
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2019, 1:02 am

Garage
I had such devices cheaply on G-2 network here in the states which was turned off a few years ago. I used it on the motorcycle, bicycles and my errant dogs. All the new stuff is on 3G cellular and is a little pricey as well as a battery drain here in the states. Would like to have something so if someone has found something I would love to hear about it.

There are some modestly priced options which might work well enough for recovering a bike, but I need up to the minute results in order to find those four footed explorers,...

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2019, 3:38 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
What is the monthly fee (or is it free) for the cellular service?
I paid a total of 110 pounds, broken down its 50 pounds for the device and 60 pounds for 12 months data service. That works out at 5 pound ($6) per month. The link explains everything in detail.

'06 999s
'03 SS 1000 (Sold)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2019, 3:59 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAZ View Post
I had such devices cheaply on G-2 network here in the states which was turned off a few years ago. I used it on the motorcycle, bicycles and my errant dogs. All the new stuff is on 3G cellular and is a little pricey as well as a battery drain here in the states. Would like to have something so if someone has found something I would love to hear about it.

There are some modestly priced options which might work well enough for recovering a bike, but I need up to the minute results in order to find those four footed explorers,...
It's easier for me to quote this from the web page;

[Motorbike Tracking Package includes pre-configured GPS Tracker, GPSLive software and pre-paid SIM card. Once the tracker is installed on a vehicle, it will automatically start reporting its position to our cloud servers and you will be able to view its location using a PC, tablet or smartphone for 1 year. DB1-Lite GPS Tracker features ultra-low current draw with Dynamic Energy Saving Technology and the latest Quad GPS Module (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO & AGPS) coupled with Smart Auto-Load Technology. GPSLive cloud-based vehicle tracking platform is accessible using an internet browser on a PC or Mac as well as a mobile app for IOS and Android based smartphones.]

I can't comment on battery drain as my bike is always hooked up to an Optimate when not in use. The tracker position is reported in real time on your PC, MAC or phone which may be useful in your dog scenario.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 11.50.20 AM.png
Views:	15
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	937193  

'06 999s
'03 SS 1000 (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode