Bike pics from my trip to SW Colorado - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2019, 4:23 am

Lovely.
HyperJB likes this.

2006 Ducati PS1000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2019, 8:15 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaren View Post
never thought I'd see Medano pass mentioned here, I'm originally from Westcliffe, just north of there. It will eat jeeps, it almost ate mine a few times. We used to sneak over that pass and climb the sand dunes on the Sangre side. Looks fun!
I just saw this. It certainly tested every bit off skill I have on a bike. I wouldnt suggest anyone trying it unless you are seriously ready. Im glad someone posted on this thread, it's great to look back a year later. Full throttle in 10in deep sand is an unforgettable experience, I think I still have arm pump

2010 Hyper 796 w/ dual shorty Arrows, Rapidbike Evo & MWR Intake, 2004 XR250R, 2008 CRF150R-SM, 2005 TTR88SMR
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2019, 12:16 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylens View Post
I need to get out more -- city life / pavement riding is slowly killing my soul
Tell me about it dude, Atlanta traffic alone makes this city unbearable. My family's little cabin, track days/racing, and the occasional adventure are all that keep me sane. This trip to Colorado last year was so needed and seriously recharged my spirit. Hauling a camper across country will beat ones ass tho, especially when you are on a schedule with so little time. 2 weeks went by in a flash, I want to find a way to take a month next time I do it. And bring the hypermotard

2010 Hyper 796 w/ dual shorty Arrows, Rapidbike Evo & MWR Intake, 2004 XR250R, 2008 CRF150R-SM, 2005 TTR88SMR

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperJB View Post
From a far I did, but once I rode in real sand, that desire quickly faded. Sand riding consists of full throttle with your ass on the fender and front wheel going 2 foot in any direction. I would love to try a bike with paddle tires. We did climb them on foot and it sucked haha
I hear ya, sand riding sucks on regular knobbies, and riding in gravel sucks too for that matter!

Last year we went to Colorado and drop from ouray to telluride through Imogene pass, Colorado is so freakin beautiful. Unfortunately didnt make it to crystal lake however
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode