Invitation to attend a rally! - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By beemerboy
  • 1 Post By beemerboy
  • 1 Post By beemerboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 3:12 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Invitation to attend a rally!

I'm a member of the BMWSportTouring.com forum that holds an annual rally at pre-selected locations around the country. There are a few members on Ducati.MS that also own BMW's and belong the aforementioned BMW forum and we'll be attending the rally astride our Ducs.

This year's rally will be held July 23-27, 2018, at the KOA campground in Palmer Gulch, South Dakota. While the majority of bike's there will be BMW's there'll also be lots of other brands represented - the emphasis is on motorcycle sport touring and camaraderie (which means arguing about the correct oil and tires to use or the best beer to drink...). You'll meet people from all around the USA plus some Canadian folks!

Below are links to the BMW forum that'll give you pretty much all the info you need to attend the event. I welcome your questions either in response to this thread or just PM me. More than anything we'd would love to have you in attendance to help represent the brand we all love - Ducati!

Just an FYI.....this event takes place well in advance of the Sturgis rally.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...87&nt=7&page=1

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...90&nt=3&page=1

http://www.palmergulch.com/stay/hote...ushmore-lodge/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of mountrush-wy 171-L.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	895417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of mountrush-wy 223-L.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	895425  
scott likes this.

Randy,
'02 BMW R1150RT & '06 BMW K1200S
'04 1000DS Supersport & '05 ST3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2018, 7:56 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerboy View Post
I'm a member of the BMWSportTouring.com forum that holds an annual rally at pre-selected locations around the country. There are a few members on Ducati.MS that also own BMW's and belong the aforementioned BMW forum and we'll be attending the rally astride our Ducs.

This year's rally will be held July 23-27, 2018, at the KOA campground in Palmer Gulch, South Dakota. While the majority of bike's there will be BMW's there'll also be lots of other brands represented - the emphasis is on motorcycle sport touring and camaraderie (which means arguing about the correct oil and tires to use or the best beer to drink...). You'll meet people from all around the USA plus some Canadian folks!

Below are links to the BMW forum that'll give you pretty much all the info you need to attend the event. I welcome your questions either in response to this thread or just PM me. More than anything we'd would love to have you in attendance to help represent the brand we all love - Ducati!

Just an FYI.....this event takes place well in advance of the Sturgis rally.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...87&nt=7&page=1

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...90&nt=3&page=1

http://www.palmergulch.com/stay/hote...ushmore-lodge/
What beer to drink? LOL...Surly Furious or Summit Extra Pale Ale. What other choices are there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2018, 7:00 am Thread Starter

Garage
Well, here I am just a little more than four days from my departure. I can't wait! Been working my arse off in the business that past few months and need a break despite my hectic schedule. I'll be taking pics and posting here and in the sport touring photo thread and of course I'll be thinking of everyone here......
Chuckracer likes this.

Randy,

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2018, 7:32 am
Super Moderator

Garage
Looking forward to the trip reports!

2011 KTM 990 SMT
2012 KTM 350 XCF-W
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2018, 10:03 pm Thread Starter

Garage
I returned from the rally late today opting to shorten my stay by one day due to business concerns. I'll do a full ride report in a new thread but for now will offer this tidbit: The ST3 is a wonderful sport touring platform that acquitted itself quite well and even won over some hard core BMW riders. I ran the piss outta my bike going up, during, and on the return leg and it never complained. More later this weekend after I've settled down and uploaded photos.

In the meantime here's a teaser.......the new PR5's handle extreme rain mixed with hail very, very well.
scott likes this.

Randy,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode