Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Short ride to nowhere

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mattisimo 
#1 ·
I did about 125 miles south and west of here this morning. I purposely took roads I hadn't gone down whenever possible trying to 'get lost'. At one point I was on a paved county road with some nice twists to it when it turned to gravel. This was out in 'Amish country' and I kept going because it had to to turn back to paved somewhere. That somewhere was between 12-15 miles and many (gravel) crossroads and intersections later. I was on a ridge and stopped to look around for 'civilization'. I could see for miles in all directions but didn't see a single utility pole. I skidded and slide around for miles more before I finally found tarmac. Loads of fun.

This all got me thinking. One - I really hate cleaning motorcycles. It was filthy before. Now .......

Two - think about the last time you remember NOT seeing power lines/utility poles. Somewhere. Anywhere. Ohio is one of the more populous states. It's hard to truly get away even in the back forty. Funny.

Three - glad I didn't cut a tire. didn't take anything with me (rarely ever do). maybe my next set of tires should be something like the Conti Trail Attack or Pirelli Scorpion Trail. :crazy:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I rode through White Canyon on the way to Moab once and it was pretty weird . I road for hours and never saw a utility pole, crossroad or even another vehicle. Aliens wouldn't even visit the place, too desolate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.