Stock 2012 848 tires still good? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2016, 10:08 am Thread Starter

Stock 2012 848 tires still good?

I picked up a 2012 848 over the winter and am about to replace what I believe are the stock tires, but I want to make sure I'm not crazy getting rid of tires with a decent amount of tread left.

The bike just hit over 4,000 miles but it still has what I assume are the stock Supercorsas. I plan to bring it up to the local Ducati dealership to get a set of Pilot Power 3's put on this weekend. Am I wrong to think that these tires need replaced after 4+ years of minimal use even though they don't show a ton of wear? This is strictly a street bike if that answers any questions regarding the use of the tires.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2016, 8:16 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by classlesseagle3 View Post
I picked up a 2012 848 over the winter and am about to replace what I believe are the stock tires, but I want to make sure I'm not crazy getting rid of tires with a decent amount of tread left.

The bike just hit over 4,000 miles but it still has what I assume are the stock Supercorsas. I plan to bring it up to the local Ducati dealership to get a set of Pilot Power 3's put on this weekend. Am I wrong to think that these tires need replaced after 4+ years of minimal use even though they don't show a ton of wear? This is strictly a street bike if that answers any questions regarding the use of the tires.

thanks
If the rear has 4000 miles on it, and it still has tread left, it's not the original.

FWIW, I bought a '13 with 4.2K on it, and I replaced the tires. I don't take chances with tires...

2013 M796 ABS in Artic White
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2016, 7:43 pm Thread Starter

Ended up putting some new Pilot Power 3's on it last weekend just in case. Would rather have a new set of rubber and not have to worry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode