Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - Another Supersport track bike/resurrection Thread
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2013, 4:23 pm Thread Starter
jamesmorgan

Garage
Another Supersport track bike/resurrection Thread

I made the decision last summer to build a dedicated track bike after spending a weekend on Barber with the 999s not pushing it for fear of destroying her. Since Im in the business of buying Ducati's, not selling them, I still have my first, a 1995 Supersport SS/CR.

She was beautiful, then I bought a 916 and she went unridden, then I bought the 999s and she was all but forgotten...

The first few mods were a corbin seat and full fairings the same week I got her home:

I started stockpiling parts last year to turn the bike into a full time track bike.
The list of parts I have so far include:
916 front end and wheel
Machined upper triple clamp
39mm FCR's w/pod filters
Ignitech module
5.5" rear wheel
did 520 chain
D&D equal length headers w/Danmoto carbon cans
14 front and 39 rear sprocket
Underslung rear caliper
120/70 front and 180/55 rear Power One tires
2 more sets of full fairings
Lightened wiring
999R Front master cylinder
916 clutch master cylinder

Im still waiting on a few of the parts to show up, but Im starting to put parts on as I get them.

Test Fitting the rear wheel. The exhaust cans are Danmoto and the quality is great so far, and for only $180 for the pair!

The dash is only a template now, with some luck I will be able to score some old used sheet metal from an apache helicopter fuselage to finish it!!

2005 999s (BST's, carbon tank, Braketech rotors, titanium here and there)
1998 916 (carbon everything but the seat and tank, Arrow cans)
1995 900ss trackbike project (Full D&D spaghetti system, 39mm FCR's, mono seat)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome