Global warming.... - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2019, 6:25 am
Prolific Poster Award

Chemical Valley, Sarnia Ontario Canada. Port Huron Michigan.The St. Clair River is shared by both.
Heading west from London one used to see a brown haze every day, Ontario Hydro dismantled their coal fired generating stations. No more haze.
NOVA Chemicals dismantled their Superheaters in their plastics plant. On start up the plant would produce a flare up to 300ish feet high for a week or more.
Well at least they are trying.
Bleching heat and the related pollutants 365 days a year ain't healthy.
While we are at it, lets bash Trump for his endangered species attack.
As a kid we saw blue tailed skinks in the woods. We grew up respecting nature and appreciating nature.
Kids (young people) are 14 to 20 pounds heavier that they were in the Woodstock era. How many kids experience nature, too involved looking at a computer/phonescreen.
We drank koolaid a small packet compared to a dozen juice boxes or plastic bottles. Diapers? Astounding amount of waste.
Do your part. It's a start.

Bad decisions make for good stories
Take my Advice, I don't use it.
2011 Red Multistrada S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2019, 10:12 am
SP3
Prolific Poster Award

[quote]From the Left-Wing Conspirators we know as NASA
[QUOTE]

Funny you mention NASA. My late father spent the last decade and some of his working life at Glenn Research Center designing/building/running equipment and processes mostly centered around thin-film technology (his main field since the late 60's). He was very proud when he got the nod as were we all of him. He always liked the group he worked with and things they did. However, at a certain point in time, things changed and the (internally stated) mantra/mission statement rather suddenly changed to 'diversity'. The higher-ups proudly crowed that Glenn was 'the most diverse' Center. Never mind that his group already was, by any normal standard, 'diverse'. So, the 'leaders' priority for the Center was to be diverse. Not make the most important discovery of our time. Or, the most efficient with its budget. Or the lowest call-off rate. Or the most patents. Or anything to do with space, aeronautics, technology, etc. Above all, It had to be 'diverse'. A research center with an agenda of diversity and not research.

So, you may (or may not) understand that I take anything and everything NASA 'finds' or reports a grain of salt or 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy.j View Post
It all depends who is funding the "Science"
Indeed.

'91 851 SP3, '66 250 Monza, '99 Monster 900 City, '98 ST2
'99 Monster 750, '66 Riverside 250, '66 Riverside 250

Last edited by SP3; Aug 25th, 2019 at 8:21 pm. Reason: spelling
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2019, 6:44 pm

My entire career was spent solving complex engineering problems. I can say with much certainty that most of the chatter concerning climate change today is mixture of politics, emotions, some facts, and whole lot of connecting dots to make conclusions fit a narrative. Alot of money has been thrown into the mix on this subject and where there are large sums of money you find corruption. There is not much actual use of the scientific method to obtain conclusions that show proof with any certainty. I have asked many a climate scientist to show me the proof that man is causing global warming. All I get are models of temperature vs time that show a big catastrophe is coming. I ask what certainty are the conclusions drawn: 95% certainty, 80% certainty, 50% certainty? Can you even put a number on it? Certainty is calculated by actually testing a real situation that is a physical model depicting the problem. It is not a mathematical model. How do you obtain a physical model of the entire earths climate system? You cannot because the earth climate is dictated by so many variables.

So another way of getting information would be to alter the inputs and see how that affects global temperature. Well we have created alternative sources of energy that do not create CO2 as a by product. We have introduced climate credits (another word for a tax) We can calculate the cost of all these methods. How has this helped reduce global temps? Have not seen heard one word about that. Its always more money, we are not doing enough, etc. etc. No real plan, just hysteria. Lets wip this up to a frenzy. Lets get the media involved and make it look like we are all going to die in 12 years. That will get us the money we need. There are many PhD. climate scientists that have opinions that differ from the main stream medias talking points. Why are these people shunned? Why not have free public discourse to hear all sides of the issue. When you do not want alternate views to be expressed on a subject, it means you have lost objectivity and you really should back away from the subject, because you your bias will effect the credibility of the work.

Years ago a bunch of emails were exposed of the top climate scientists in the world. How disappointing it was to see the bias these people exhibited. They had so much of their egos, their grant money, their future grant money and their reputations tied up with their work. They behaved badly, putting others down that didnt agree with them. They played power games controlling their turf. You cannot run any kind of research if you have any bias. It taints the research. You must be willing to be wrong and the use of the scientific method prove or disprove an hypothesis. Sadly, this method has not been followed.

So, my conclusion is that what has gone on so far has been such an outrageous breach of ethics, has gotten so political and corrupt, that the entire studies should be stopped and restarted with people capable of coming up with some meaningful solutions. No question that what has taken place up to this point is meaningless dribble.
SP3, beemerboy, loony888 and 5 others like this.
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2019, 9:26 pm Thread Starter
Come in Spinner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatimike View Post
So, my conclusion is that what has gone on so far has been such an outrageous breach of ethics, has gotten so political and corrupt, that the entire studies should be stopped and restarted with people capable of coming up with some meaningful solutions. No question that what has taken place up to this point is meaningless dribble.

With all due respect (and I do agree with everything you have said) to find solutions you have to be sure there is in fact a real problem in the first place.
Personally I believe the universe will ultimately decide for itself.
If this planet has decided to get a bit hotter or colder then who are we to intervene?
The human race is incredibly arrogant.
SP3, loony888 and redpato like this.

2000 853
2007 Cagiva Mito.
1980 and 1978 Ultra lightweight Yamaha SR500 Cafe Racers
1967 500cc Ultra lightweight Triumph Daytona Cafe Racer
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Prolific Poster Award

I have a great grandson 7, and great granddaughter, 4. When I see the world I’m leaving for them I want to cry. Was it Ben Franklin who said “ An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure “ ? A lot of people seem to be saying “ Until you can prove it, it isn’t real “ or “Until everyone agrees , it isn’t true” . I can see a large object coming at my head really fast, but until everyone agrees it’s aimed at my head, I don’t think I’ll move. Until everyone thinks I can slow it down, Why bother trying ? After all ,I don’t think I even had anything to do with it, and most of the smart people in the world might be wrong, and then I will have moved for nothing.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500

Last edited by duc96cr; Aug 26th, 2019 at 3:45 pm. Reason: Spelling
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2019, 9:39 am
Supermoderator - Iīm special!

Garage
So..

We sent Greta T over by sailboat. Yīall are welcome to keep her you know..
RobertVP and cs363 like this.

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, ÷hlins mechatronics SCU and alot of mods to make up for poor skills
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2019, 3:03 pm
Prolific Poster Award

[QUOTE=SP3;7018397][quote]From the Left-Wing Conspirators we know as NASA
[QUOTE]

since everything today is a conspiracy
and because in the 300 channel universe you can choose the facts that agree with your preconceived belief
what is the point of debate, just find a you tube channel that echoes what you already know
duc96cr and ProphetPVD like this.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2019, 3:13 pm
SP3
Prolific Poster Award

Yep. Goes both (or all) ways. And, just make things perfectly clear, I was quoting this post -

https://www.ducati.ms/forums/7018281-post39.html

'91 851 SP3, '66 250 Monza, '99 Monster 900 City, '98 ST2
'99 Monster 750, '66 Riverside 250, '66 Riverside 250
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Bottom line is that there are way too many damn humans on this planet! Stop breeding, problem solved.
ncgt1000, cs363 and steveb64 like this.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2019, 3:28 pm
Prolific Poster Award

Thatís all well and good, but Iíve never actually seen a glacier melt and until I do Iím not believing it . What could possibly be wrong with climate change anyway ? I hate winter.
davy.j and cs363 like this.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode