Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Can someone say Stretched (almost to much) (questions and ideas)

882 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ducvet 
#1 ·
whats up yall, im that one guy at the car meets and bike events that doesnt shut up about just modifying everything, or taking it apart just to figure out how it works.

this is my first ducati, and started out like a normal bike, but, like i said above....i cant for some reason just leave anything OEM or stock.

its been a soild 2 months and i have well, for better or worst *your opinon here* made it cooler?
definitently faster, and its made me grow a pair as for my soaking wet self and the rediculous amount of stretch, allow me to literally DUMP the clutch on the 2003 620s Dark monster *weighs 553lbs with a half tank, me, and some tools in my bakpac TOTAL, and we have recently added a little bit of that go faster stuff *nitrous* to the mix and i can safely say, these motors can handle up to a 60 shot before going into redicous ping mode.

0-62 in 3.5 seconds, and 20-100 on race gas and the bottle around 5.3 seconds, bottle actaully makes it difficult to shit becuase itll run the gears so fast its not safe to run them under spray.

so, what i wanna know is this
why is it when i just finished the bottle and repairing and re ringing the rear cyl, *horizontal* that it literally wont start, (starter is deleted, the heat killed it oh and it was orgninal 55k on it currently)

i get this werid ass buzz clicking from the fuel and pcm relay.....then today it stopped and we can push start it easy but i have to PLOP on the bike to get the rear tire to catch (no weight) all of a sudden LOST ALL DASH, no clicky and not even allowing me to jump the reg.>??????

HALP, i wanna ride, suppose to whooop this GTR tonight.....i got laughed at :(

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome.

You say you re-ringed the vertical cylinder (the back one)? Are you absolutely certain you got the belts on properly?

Dunno about the electrical weirdness you described. Hard to say what's up since you may have made a LOT of changes with the nitrous system.

(can you put your location in your profile? ... it helps others with directing you to help and other issues).

Have fun! I mean, with what you've done with it so far there's pretty much no turning back .. so may as well wish you the best on your efforts!

:smile2:

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome.

You say you re-ringed the vertical cylinder (the back one)? Are you absolutely certain you got the belts on properly?

i ended up startinf it tonight, boy was it "fun" to push it over and over again lol.

reagrdless, learned two magical things,

THAT PCM MUST BE GROUNDED WITH THE MAIN GROUND ATTACHED TO OR ON THE SAME GROUND AS THE PCM.

2. I HAVE A CRACK IN MY FRONT HEAD, AND I ALMOST DIED FROM OIL LOSS

......TWICE!!!!

had a few decent pulls and then it started breaking up so headed home, while at mid highway speeds (around 35-80) pulls had someone to messs with and started doing a mid 40 pull....WHOLE BIKE START JUST BURNIN THA RUBBA!!!!
in my mind im like hellllll yeah boy, but in the driver next to me mind, he let off so fast i was in shock, as i let off.....whooopp the rear slid like i was on snow.....loook back and just see my tail spray that good ol lubetastic goodness over a mustang gt lol (deserved it, guns dont kill people, MUSTANGS kill people #crowdcontrol)
limp it home and as i turn into my development the whole ass decided it wasnt having it and practically drifted the bike into my drive way, (about 200 ft) straight sideways, bikes currnetly got some great surprises for me tomarrow....considering maybe just throwing it in the trash now.

Oh btw, the bike wasnt nessacrly brand new when i got it.....and i had left it with a "friend" overnight, he took it in the morning and dropped the bike twice, WITHOUT PERMISSION, imean sheshh ask me if you can drop it for christ sakes.

anywhooooo, hope yallenjoyed that baller rick james style story !!!!

#7 ·
gofasterblaster

hahaah Muftha fekkin busaaaaa biotch, thats got me rolling my chair haha

yeah i kinda figured out that hoz and ver are different lol. I ALWAYS get them backwards, man has it made me look like a stupid ass at times haha.....and ill post a video or so when i get a chance, i have the whole bike apart once again, couldnt locate the leak, and i think ive got an idea, the rear cyl isnt planed and the cyl head isnt sitting correct or flat on the block surface, i even went as far as putting a little bit of sealant on the edge just to check if it would blow it out and i just see oil on the back of the VER cyl......soooooo, ugh,

btw does anyone know where to get bigger injectors for a 620ss
and whats our chassis code, KINDA like how BMW has 1996 325is is an E36 chassis

what do you guys think as well, Nitrous or Turbo. thats on the list now. need to beat these trash talking 1000RR bmws

#9 ·
So I just assumed this was the new chuckracer after getting a younger kidney. >:)

Great write up I look forward to the videos!
Might be the cylinder studs are not holding the head down tight to the cylinder under power anymore. pull the head and cylinder and make sure to lap them together and you might see if there are some stronger studs for the little motor, they should be fine up to mid 90rwhp but what is the bike making with juice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.