Monster to Multistrada - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By Chare
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2019, 10:31 pm Thread Starter

Monster to Multistrada

Recently sold my beloved 14 monster 1200. Still have Honda Africa Twin, but I just plain miss the Duc. It was time to move on from monster, I'm 6'5 and 4 yrs was enough. BUT, my thoughts of dirt riding just never materialized. It's appealing, but not at the cost of a ho hum ride on the street (with the vanilla Honda) which is 90% of what I do.
Considering getting rid of Honda for a 2010 touring. Sat on one today and felt I "fit". 2010 just had the 15k service done and has 16k miles. I could get it for around $7k.
Thoughts from anyone, especially those that transitioned from monster? Will I notice lack of DVT? Visceral/snatchy throttle? -main thing I hated about a hyper I rode a few years back, hated the throttle.
Like to hope I could use it on signed dirt roads, I never had visions of single track.
I'm stocked at the possibility of getting back to Ducati, Honda is dct, I MISS clicking gears!

Thanks
Wolverine1 likes this.

Had 14 Monster 1200, searching for MS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:38 am
Administrator

Garage
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms. Super glad to have you roaming our halls.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

Scott
Sacramento CA

'03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW R1250GSA
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 8:08 pm Thread Starter

Boring topic, or just no interest?

Had 14 Monster 1200, searching for MS

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 8:33 pm

Garage
No time on a munster but I can tell you, I LOVE my '10 S touring. THe 10-14 have the raw feeling. It's an animal wanting out of it's cage. The Ohlins are sooo good. And there's a few things you can do to make the rear brake a non issue.

Ride it, you'll understand pretty quick. The most comfortable sport bike out there, then switch to urban and it's like a Buick.

'10 MTS1200 S
'00 VTR1000f
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 9:22 pm Thread Starter

Cool, making trip down tomorrow I hope. Seller said it isn't a garage queen, hoping not too beat up.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 9:23 pm

I love my '14 Monster 1200. Don't think I'd like the Multi as I am super tall at 5'5".
Enjoy the ride.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 12:33 am

Hate to say it but the snatchy throttle may follow you to the multi... I've just gotten used to it and that first 1/16 turn from fully closed I am very careful. I put TKC-80's on my multi and while it doesn't have the 19" front of the Africa Twin, it does pretty good in the dirt now. I think you have to really seek out dirt if it interests you, I find myself in a similar situation to yours sometimes... I invested the money, I have a bike that will do it, but sometimes it feels like a real effort to get off the pavement. But... the reason I wanted to get onto the dirt was the grin it puts on my face. That's the best part of owning a multi - you can canyon carve on your way to offroading and do both pretty damn well.

'09 Multistrada 1100s
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Unread Today, 8:07 pm Thread Starter

Tested it, no issue with throttle, legs felt a bit cramped, looking at peg/seat options to get some more leg room. Testing another local one tomorrow to get more seat time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode