Questions About My New (Used) 2012 Multistrada 1200S - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2019, 11:49 am Thread Starter

Questions About My New (Used) 2012 Multistrada 1200S

Hi Friends,

I just acquired my dream bike, and I'm loving it. 2012 Multi 1200S w/ 8000 miles. I wanted to ask you guys a few questions.

1) I've noticed that while I'm down shifting, I often find neutral type gears. For example, when I shift down from 6th to 5th it doesn't feel like it clicks all the way and the bike acts like it's in neutral even though the gear indicator says 5th. It's most common from 6th to 5th, but I sometimes accidentally find myself in this fake neutral in other gears as well. My questions is, is this a normal thing or something I should be very worried about.

2) I love my wind protection. But, the multi doesn't give me much. I was wondering what windscreens you guys have found to give the best wind deflection.

3) Which accessories are must-haves for this bike? I definitely need some engine guards and lights, and would like to hear what has worked best for you.

4) In terms of electronics, I'd also like some specific recommendations how to hook up some permanent phone charging solutions. I currently wired a Trackside USB Charging Cable directly to the battery, but I'm worried about battery drainage. Are there any worthwhile solutions that involve wiring in a relay so it doesn't drain while the ignition isn't on.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_eb5.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	943563  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 1:31 am
Administrator

Garage
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms, super glad to have you here as a member. . I will copy your post to the Multi Forum section to get all of your questions answered.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

Scott
Sacramento CA

'03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW R1250GSA
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode