Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Questions About My New (Used) 2012 Multistrada 1200S

366 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  scott 
#1 ·
Hi Friends,

I just acquired my dream bike, and I'm loving it. 2012 Multi 1200S w/ 8000 miles. I wanted to ask you guys a few questions.

1) I've noticed that while I'm down shifting, I often find neutral type gears. For example, when I shift down from 6th to 5th it doesn't feel like it clicks all the way and the bike acts like it's in neutral even though the gear indicator says 5th. It's most common from 6th to 5th, but I sometimes accidentally find myself in this fake neutral in other gears as well. My questions is, is this a normal thing or something I should be very worried about.

2) I love my wind protection. But, the multi doesn't give me much. I was wondering what windscreens you guys have found to give the best wind deflection.

3) Which accessories are must-haves for this bike? I definitely need some engine guards and lights, and would like to hear what has worked best for you.

4) In terms of electronics, I'd also like some specific recommendations how to hook up some permanent phone charging solutions. I currently wired a Trackside USB Charging Cable directly to the battery, but I'm worried about battery drainage. Are there any worthwhile solutions that involve wiring in a relay so it doesn't drain while the ignition isn't on.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Cheers!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms, super glad to have you here as a member. :). I will copy your post to the Multi Forum section to get all of your questions answered.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.