• 1 Post By Chuckracer
  • 1 Post By espen
  • 1 Post By Ub2SLO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2018, 2:21 pm Thread Starter

Garage
New Multistrada 1260S owner

Hi,

Im a reborn Ducati Owner (previous 848) with kids growing up and wife finally giving me thumbs up for a bike again. Ive spent this winter looking at bikes from very low cost up to the V4S and finally decided to go for a red Multistrada 1260S.

Been doing quite a few trackdays and some RR training sessions but after passing 40 I noticed my body no longer really likes being horizontal on a bike for more than a few moments! So, without ever trying a Multistrada I visited Eker Performance 2 times and the final run ended with a signature on a paper.

The order ended with the 1260S, the Strada C3 outfit, the Ducati Horizon Modular helmet, Touring and Urban pack, heated grips, center stand and the 2 year warranty. My ego jumped up a bit and the wallet shrunk a bit.

Running in period at the moment, so Im trying to hold back till I get it serviced this week.

Went for a ride with some local Ducatisti this saturday. The leader held a nice pace on roads he was familiar with. First time for me and some of the others and some felt the pace a bit too high. The Multi surprised me with agility and sportyness I did not really expect. So planted and so easy to drive fast on small roads. With the agile engine I could keep it in 3. gear a lot of the time, pulling hard from low revs to the rev-limit at 7K (yes, it is limited for the first 1000km). I chose Touring when it got bumpy and switched to Sport when the surface was smooth.

As this is my first "touring bike" Im still getting used to the riding position but I have to say this thing really grows on me and when I put my leathers on the knee sliders will be used quite often I guess.

I put the seat to the low setting (allowing the wifey to use use it) and I actually really like sitting more "in" the bike. And, the pillon also sits higher than the rider for a better view.

Really looking forward to riding it more, getting some more trackdays under my belt and get to know the beast even better.

Best Regards
Espen

Best Regards
Espen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2018, 3:27 pm
Hammer Down

Garage
Welcome to the forum Espen, you've made a great purchase!
espen likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2018, 4:25 pm
Super Moderator

Garage
Espen, could you please add your location information to the "UserCP?
espen likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2018, 6:57 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Espen, could you please add your location information to the "UserCP?
Thanks for the tip! Updated
scott likes this.

Best Regards
Espen
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2018, 8:47 am

Welcome. You will definitely enjoy your new ride. My 2013 Mts turned 30k miles last fall.
espen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode