Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - Project 1989 900SS Performance Rebuild
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2012, 3:21 am Thread Starter
Kiwihame

Garage
Nek Minute

Like i said, other stuff gets in the way...

It's been 20 years since I was involved in racing (for Britten) and then I never raced 'the' bike, but Muzza, bless him, is on the BEARS committee and so, the next day, I had the opportunity to rent and race his BEARS Bike. (Pic 1, - I said these were my training wheels on Facebook - (and many a true word said in jest!)

Iím sure you all know that BEARS stands for (B)ritish (E)uropean (A)merican (R)acing (S)eries). Muzza has a couple of bikes for those who think they might want to go racing. So I grabbed one. A bloody good day all round, I didn't entirely disgrace myself, and yes, Iíve been bitten by the bug. Itís nice to be able to ride flat out without fear of falling foul of the law or our earthquake ravaged roads. (Pics 3 and 4 are my good self.)

In the meantime... the courier has been dropping more parts at my door. This is as close as I get to Christmas (I know I sound like a sad old prick, but I mean that in a good way!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2573.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	114174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2575.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	114175   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2577.jpg
Views:	482