Kyleusa.com - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 4:58 am Thread Starter

Garage
Kyleusa.com

Does anybody here know if kyleracing in Sand City CA is still functioning? They are selling Ohlins steering damper for sf 1098s and I'm driving by on Sep 9 so I was thinking if the company is still open I'd go and buy one.Or is it only webshop/ebay sales...

Lähetetty minun SM-G950F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 5:37 am

He's still in federal prison isn't he?

I bought a rear shock for my bike that was never right, when i got it serviced and rectified it looked suspiciously like it had been cobbled to gather from spare parts and nowhere near the spec i ordered. Obviously in hindsight i shouldn't be surprised...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 7:25 am

Garage
Ya looks like 30 months starting in November of 2017, so maybe next summer he will be around.

2012 SF848, 2015 KTM 300 XCW plated

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 9:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony888 View Post
Oh, snap!

Never Quit, Die Falling Forward
1996 900 CR. ...Go, Blow, Or Put A Hole In The Fence.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 9:37 am Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks,might just let it be then. Have to look somewhere else.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 8:08 pm

I ordered the steering damper kit from them last month online with no issues.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by loony888 View Post

I bought a rear shock for my bike that was never right, when i got it serviced and rectified it looked suspiciously like it had been cobbled to gather from spare parts and nowhere near the spec i ordered. Obviously in hindsight i shouldn't be surprised...
Yes,
He went to prison for tax evasion. I've never heard anyone with a gripe about the service they received, the quality of the parts received or the after sales support they got from the company. As far as I know, Kyle Racing was a good company to do business with.

As for their physical location, I don't know where that is now. I also don't know if they are doing much beyond internet orders. I seriously don't know, that isn't a diss on the company.

It only means that since Dan Kyle reported for his sentence, there hasn't been much in the way of advertising for the extent of the business the company bearing his name is doing. That's it.

It is heartening to read that there is still some business being done though.........sean

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markott View Post
I'm driving by on Sep 9 so I was thinking if the company is still open I'd go and buy one.Or is it only webshop/ebay sales...
Are you doing the Pacific Coast Highway drive? If so, and Kyle Racing is currently only an internet sales affair there are other options along the way, particularly if you are starting or ending your drive in the San Francisco Bay Area.......sean

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 11:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannaduc View Post
Yes,
He went to prison for tax evasion. I've never heard anyone with a gripe about the service they received, the quality of the parts received or the after sales support they got from the company. As far as I know, Kyle Racing was a good company to do business with.

Me neither to be fair, i bought some R/T forks for my 1098 and they were fine, no issues, but my rear shock was a complete mystery, the suspension shop that pulled it apart were scratching their head as to why it would be like that, it had a lowering spacer in it i didn't know about and the damping was all over the place, i had the hydraulic preload maxed out trying to get it up so it would turn and put up with it for ages before admitting defeat and getting it sorted properly...

Bit of a bummer and while i may be the exception, the bullshit to get it fixed through them just wasn't practical, i'm on the other side of the world and would have been without the shock for weeks if i sent it back, and at the end of the day the 1.5 hrs labour i paid and the few parts i needed wasn't much more than the air mail postage i would have had to cough up, and it was done same day with the knowledge that if it needed further adjustments (it hasn't) they're right here.

Lesson learned i guess, If you need anything complicated get it local...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2019, 1:21 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannaduc View Post
Are you doing the Pacific Coast Highway drive? If so, and Kyle Racing is currently only an internet sales affair there are other options along the way, particularly if you are starting or ending your drive in the San Francisco Bay Area.......sean
Yes I am. Sep 6.-9. in SF then via coastline with a rental car to San Luis Obispo to LA,10.-13. in LA. 13.-15. in Las Vegas then off to Florida for the rest of the month. On a holiday with a friend driving a convertible in CA and FL! Wuhui!
Do you think someone has the damper (I think it's universal SD000,63 stroke,needs bracket tho) in stock around those areas? I might buy used damper too if it comes with bracket.

Iwannaduc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode