TuneECU - anyone used it on their SF848 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2019, 7:11 pm Thread Starter

Garage
TuneECU - anyone used it on their SF848

Ordered some Termignoni's and from what I am reading, the choices are the slip on map or the DP map or a custom map.
TuneECU has both the Ducati maps so it seems the cheapest easiest way is TuneECU for 10 bucks and the cable - ordered the cable and planning to flash when I get the cable.

Just wondering if anyone has used TuneECU recently and if all works well (ordered the known working cable from LoneLec)?

2012 SF848, 2015 KTM 300 XCW plated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Ordered some Termignoni's and from what I am reading, the choices are the slip on map or the DP map or a custom map.
TuneECU has both the Ducati maps so it seems the cheapest easiest way is TuneECU for 10 bucks and the cable - ordered the cable and planning to flash when I get the cable.

Just wondering if anyone has used TuneECU recently and if all works well (ordered the known working cable from LoneLec)?
I use TuneECU on my 848 Superbike... bugger all difference between them. Works a treat for uploading new maps, resetting service intervals, and diagnosing error codes. Also works for changing the startup text on the dash, and other things, like altering the coolant temperature setting at which point the fans come on.

I'm using the Lonelec cable kit - works perfectly.

Great software, and great value.

post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2019, 10:22 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythem View Post
I use TuneECU on my 848 Superbike... bugger all difference between them. Works a treat for uploading new maps, resetting service intervals, and diagnosing error codes. Also works for changing the startup text on the dash, and other things, like altering the coolant temperature setting at which point the fans come on.

I'm using the Lonelec cable kit - works perfectly.

Great software, and great value.
Awesome - good to here, was great on my KTM Duke, so can't wait for my cable to arrive - thanks for the verification that it works!

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2019, 1:36 pm

It's great to have an open ecu. All the dealer only bs is braking me to buy a newer Duc.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2019, 2:52 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
It's great to have an open ecu. All the dealer only bs is braking me to buy a newer Duc.
Yes, I hear you there, I have a 2015 monster 821 and can't touch it, had to pay the dealer 125 to put the termignoni flash on it and you can't reset the maint light without the dealer either - love the streetfighter as it is the last gen it seems of the stuff you can still touch god forbid.

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2019, 5:43 pm

Man... if only TuneECU worked on my 696. I've been spoiled using it on my KTM 690 supermoto and some of my Triumphs.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 7:53 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Looks like cable is arriving on Saturday, so hopefully will have the tune on it then, just put my termi's on tonight!

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2019, 2:31 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Ok, all works awesome!!!

So here is what I used for anyone that would like to do it also.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Cable set from Lonelec known to work well and confirmed it does comes with the OTG adaper, OBDII cable and OBDII to 3pin Ducati interface for 20GBP, $35 usd shipped and arrived in 6 dasy (you can do Amazon/Ebay etc and take your chances, this one woks great though) https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-...IDIAG%20KIT%20

Bought the TuneECU app from play store - 10 bucks, great deal.

Plugged it all together - be very careful, the adapter has 2 alligator clips to the battery, if you reverse polarity it will damage the ECU, plug them in first and triple check, then plug into the OBD ECU adapter (this is the adapter under the drivers seat, not the 4 wire under the passenger seat. It is on the right side with a cap on it and only 2 wires going to it (3 pin adapter).

Start TuneECU and plug in the OTG adapter, it will prompt if TuneECU can use it, allow it, turn on the key and then choose ECU from the menu and connect. It will connect and flash green at the bottom right, to confirm it is connect, turn the throttle and make sure it is reflected on the screen.

One thing that took me a minute to figure out that non of the map stuff is in the menus on the main screen, you have to swipe right and left and there are more screens, one of those is the map screen.

I was able to read out the factory map no issues (takes about 18 minutes) and save it off to a file. I then loaded the DP map for the 848 from tuneecu's site. You are able to change a few things on that map before writing it, one is what it says on the display when it starts up, other is the O2's and you can disable traction control fully if you want.

Once you change any settings, you can write the map - only takes 3 minutes and turn key off, wait 5 secs and back on - dash says Race (because I put that) and the servo doesn't move as the DP map has it disabled.

I was also able to reset the TPS and there are a few other settings, resetting maintenance running test etc - a great app for short money, works like a top.
forsythem likes this.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2019, 3:13 pm

Just a heads up, the full racing exhaust Map has the lambadas disabled, as well as the flapper. The slip on DP map still has them enabled as well as the flapper.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2019, 3:29 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by remix1201 View Post
Just a heads up, the full racing exhaust Map has the lambadas disabled, as well as the flapper. The slip on DP map still has them enabled as well as the flapper.
Have you tried them all, I read in a thread the termignoni slip on map still had a bit of a flat spot, so used the map off tuneecu's site labelled Ducati Performance slip on map and it seems to have disabled the flapper but shows the O2's still on. They also have on called Full Termignoni Exhaust that I assume is the full racing map.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maps.png
Views:	28
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	942635  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode