What motorcycles have you contemplated after owning a SF? - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2019, 8:30 pm
Bon Vivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast View Post
I would love the Super Duke R but keeping my SF1098 though )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is super sweet!

Vintagedesmo.com

Link to all of my bikes and builds: *Click!*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2019, 8:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynbulldog View Post
Wow that is super sweet!

Looks kinda the same as yours but in white

flynbulldog likes this.
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 7:39 am

Quote:
To each his own. I grew up riding and racing I4's and I love them. I agree that some bikes are boring - For me its BMW boxers - they elicit a complete lack of excitement for me. I guess if you grew up in the 60's and had nothing but twins until Honda and MV came along and started dominating the GP's with their exotic 4 cylinder bikes you'd see things a little differently. It was a big deal back then. ('I'm not saying that was me - I'm not that old!)
Maybe I'm unfairly lumping all i4's into the same bucket. But the 4 I've owned had the least personality despite being fast enough to rip my arms out of their sockets. Agreed on the boxers though.

A big peak HP number isn't in my top 5 list of what makes a good, fun motorcycle.

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 7:54 am
Bon Vivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
A big peak HP number isn't in my top 5 list of what makes a good, fun motorcycle.

Top 5? It isnt so much the HP number as it is power to weight, but I'd say a strong power to weight would definitely make my top 5... Acceleration is a rush!

Ride a DRZ400 and a KTM EXC350 back to back and you tell me which one you prefer... haha.
fighterpilot likes this.

Vintagedesmo.com

post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 8:34 am
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+

Garage
What motorcycles have you contemplated after owning a SF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike
2006 999, 2007 S2R1000, Ninja 400RR

Last edited by DuckMan; Mar 27th, 2019 at 1:07 pm.
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 12:56 pm
Bon Vivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMan View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

why you gotta come in here a sully a perfectly good thread. Go back to your cage...

Vintagedesmo.com

post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2019, 2:58 am

After my SF was written off I couldnít find another one that I liked so I bought an S1000R which I still have. Iíve since found an SF and now have the choice.

Love both of them for different reasons.

flynbulldog likes this.
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2019, 5:53 am

Quote:
Top 5? It isnt so much the HP number as it is power to weight, but I'd say a strong power to weight would definitely make my top 5... Acceleration is a rush!

Ride a DRZ400 and a KTM EXC350 back to back and you tell me which one you prefer... haha.
Weight is in the top 3! So yeah I see what you're saying. If that DRZ was 80 lbs less there would probably be one in my garage right now.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
After my SF was written off I couldnít find another one that I liked so I bought an S1000R which I still have. Iíve since found an SF and now have the choice.

Love both of them for different reasons.

Same. Insurance wrote off my SFS and I replaced it with a S1000R. The SFS has butt loads of character, and is beautiful to look at which can't be replaced by the S1000R. But the S1000R is just better at everything and does it with ease. I tour and the S1000R has more creature comfort.

If one wants more character and speed, a good middle ground between the SFS and S1000R is the Tuono. If it looked better I would have bought that instead.
flynbulldog and RobH like this.
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2019, 4:22 pm
Bon Vivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
Same. Insurance wrote off my SFS and I replaced it with a S1000R. The SFS has butt loads of character, and is beautiful to look at which can't be replaced by the S1000R. But the S1000R is just better at everything and does it with ease. I tour and the S1000R has more creature comfort.

If one wants more character and speed, a good middle ground between the SFS and S1000R is the Tuono. If it looked better I would have bought that instead.

I didnt like the looks or finishes of the first gen Tuono v4 1000 and opted for the S1000R as well, but when the 1100 factory came out I was smitten with the new look, the better low-end, and the RSV4 bodywork. Yeah the S1000R still does some things better than the TV4 factory but the Tuono is so much better looking and that V4 engine is in a class of it's own.

From the seat of the pants I think the TV4 is the quickest of them all - if not its the most satisfying. Both bikes are worlds better than the SF in instilling confidence in the rider and ease of use.. The biggest downside to my first gen S1000R was the suspension; that Electronic suspension system was fine on the track but utter crap for normal everyday riding. Both the SFS and the Tuono factory with their Ohlins supensions are so much better.

Vintagedesmo.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode