Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - Project 1989 900SS Performance Rebuild
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2012, 5:08 pm Thread Starter
Kiwihame

Garage
I'm ditching the Kawasaki ZXR front end the bike came with when I bought it. It had bearing shells as spacers taking up the height difference between the Kawa head axle and Ducati stem. Frightening!

In anticipation I bought some 5 spoke Marchesinis which I decided to paint satin black. Which took me 1/2 a bloody day to sand and mask up. Pic is after sanding.

Muzza had decided he was going to put a Superbike front end in his 900SS so I bought his forks, triple trees and brakes. The forks have Gold Valves inside and have been reanodised Ohlins gold. Nice.

Going back to Ducati needs I need to replace my Kawasaki speedo (pictured) with a Ducati one. Because I'm using the later Marchesini wheel I need a later (ie Supersport) speedo. Anyone have one of these per chance? Heaps of mph ones on eBay for about US$100, no km/h ones. Muzza was very proud of the job he did sorting out the speedo gearing so the older forks with the new wheel will work with the speedo. (I made the carbon cover and my own tacho face a few years back.)

We also managed to find a set of genuine barely worn Brembo Cast Iron Rotors, (see pic) though had I just waited I could have bought these of my mate Liam from Fast Bike Gear. Ducati Brembo replica full floating cast iron discs [Rep-Brembo-49240081A] - NZ $599.00 : Fast Bike Gear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0151.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	111605   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2513.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	111609   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2511.jpg
Views:	806