DP ignition modules AL9000 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2015, 1:39 pm Thread Starter

DP ignition modules AL9000

Version 2.4 release. (The replacement for Kokusan ignition modules) Wondering if anyone can speak in further detail of what these boxes did or didn't accomplish for them, there's very little info floating about regarding them and virtually all of it is anecdotal. As I understand it they provide an ignition advance that's smoother and more suitable for big bore and/or high compression top ends. Really wondering tho if that's it, or did it improve running/riding characteristics? Smoother idles, steadier RPM's, easier starts, better throttle response? People speak of the Kokusan units as being crude but I'm def no sparky and I lack the technical understanding to even wrap my head around what that even means or why it is...I simply prefer to ride my bike lol. This is why my Ignitech is currently for sale, I bought a unit that's capable of doing things that are far over my head. Went back to my black Kokusan boxes to rule out some running issues and feel no reason to go back to the Ignitech as I can't detect a difference. But I do have a HC 944 kit and my dealer has a pair of the DP's at a good price that I'll pick up if it's a worthwhile upgrade.

I'm probably dating myself here, not many of you are riding old carby bikes with this ignition, I'm sure...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2015, 2:53 pm
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Naked View Post
But I do have a HC 944 kit...
OK, there's a clue. So we're talking about an aircooled bike. That narrows it down a little.

This is why we're constantly asking folks to fill out their profiles and, important in this case, include their current ride in their signature line.

2011 KTM 990 SMT
2012 KTM 350 XCF-W

Last edited by Chuckracer; Nov 12th, 2015 at 3:29 pm.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2015, 5:21 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Naked View Post
But I do have a HC 944 kit...
OK, there's a clue. So we're talking about an aircooled bike. That narrows it down a little.

This is why we're constantly asking folks to fill out their profiles and, important in this case, include their current ride in their signature line.
No offense but your lecture is irrelevant. I'm inquiring about a part that is proprietary to an extremely specific bike: an air cooled, carburetted, Ducati twin, and anyone capable of contributing to this thread would know that.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2015, 5:27 pm Thread Starter

And I'm pretty sure ignition modules perform the same function on both M944 and SS944 motors. Lol.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2015, 5:36 pm Thread Starter

Anyhoo...I didn't expect there'd be many sparkies left on the forums these days, was a bit of a hail mary. Seems like it was just yesterday that it was 2006 and tons of dudes on these boards were retrofitting split FCR's on their race bikes and cobbling up something to take the place of the ECU for ignition duties. I don't come 'round here very often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode