WTB: Bell Bullitt TT (M) - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By spydrshred

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2016, 7:09 pm Thread Starter

Garage
WTB: Bell Bullitt TT (M)

So, I have wanted a vintage styled full face helmet since I got my sportclassic. However, my logical side could never justify spending the money on something like a Bullitt or even a Gringo/S when my current go to HJC has more features for less money than either of those two. Both are quality helmets, and I am sure the price is warranted (maybe?) given materials and wahtnot, but lets face it, looks are the primary - possible only - reason for buying a vintage helmet like this.

It would figure that when I finally say screw it, and want to pull the trigger, the one that I specifically wanted (the Bell Bullitt with the TT paint scheme) appears to have been discontinued! (insert expletives here)

Either this is a sign that I don't actually need one (psh). Or that I should save some cash and just get the Gringo S.

Just taking a shot in the dark to see if anyone here has one they are looking to sell, and that its a medium on top of that. If so, send me a message and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks!

This one!

2007 Ducati Sport Classic Sport 1000S - 1966 Ducati Scrambler 250 (project)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 10:38 am
Prolific Poster Award

Can't help you with the TT helmet, but...

When I'm looking for something, I save a search on Ebay and it emails me when someone puts something matching the search up for sale.

Also, I think the Biltwell Gringo S in Wine Red would match your bike very well. The stripes around the bottom remind me of the Molly Stripes that were so prevalent on cars and bikes in the late '70s/early '80s.

Molly was a painter in California who painted bikes and cars. He put some stripes on the leftover Z1R TCs to help move them.

1978 Kawasaki Z1R-TC: Turbo Power - Classic Japanese Motorcycles - Motorcycle Classics

'95 M900, '87 750 F1b, '95 GL1500, '06 620/800 MiniStrada...
Running on coffee and sarcasm...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 1:09 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Dukerdr. Actually already had that ebay search saved. Not sure when they discontinued this helmet, but they appear to have almost vanished.

Good suggestion for that gringo, expecially it being on sale right now. I am a fan of the metal flaking as well as the vintage stripes. Wasn't necessarily concerned about matching the bike. The TT definitely does, but that was more so coincidental than anything. I was more so looking for a primarily white helmet.

There is always this one but I wanted the flip down shield since I wear glasses. Not really crazy about the idea of the snap on visor or goggles.

If the TT winds up a dead end, I may just go with this guy. Would be nice if that bottom stripe was green though. Maybe something a little pinstripe tape could fix...

Dukerdr likes this.

2007 Ducati Sport Classic Sport 1000S - 1966 Ducati Scrambler 250 (project)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 2:33 pm

Garage
My local CycleGear store had that exact TT pattern (red dot) in stock a few months ago, I will pop in today to see if they still have some.

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 5:59 pm

Garage
Nope, they sold out. I stopped by a scooter store and they said they used to carry them, might try some of the scooter punk stores on the web or in your area. WTH, email Bell customer service and ask them who still has them in stock, might get lucky.

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 7:09 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Wow thanks. I appreciate you checking. I called a couple dealers in the area, but most told me they stopped stocking them because they weren't a big seller. Not just the TT but the bullitt in general. Harrisburg isn't a very big area so there aren't many places to choose from (that would keep a decent in stock supply of stuff anyway). Not sure if there are any scooter places around here...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Garage
For MOTORCYCLE helmet questions, contact Easton Bell Sports at 1-800-456-2355 or [email protected]

Maybe they know who bought the last pallet of them?

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode