post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by azt108 View Post
Please PM.
You might want to check this out.

https://www.ducati.ms/#/topics/720627
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2019, 6:05 pm Thread Starter

Garage
HERO! I just don't know if it's a simple install and flash an SF848 map. Would I need to do anything else like flash a BIN file? If so, I'm not really comfortable with that.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Glad I could help.
Not sure about the flash, but if your setup is the same as the seller's, I would imagine it would work without a flash. I need to talk to my Ducati tech about my 748 tomorrow, I can ask him, if you like.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2019, 3:29 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desimoto View Post
Glad I could help.
Not sure about the flash, but if your setup is the same as the seller's, I would imagine it would work without a flash. I need to talk to my Ducati tech about my 748 tomorrow, I can ask him, if you like.
If I get an SF848 ECU, it should be plug and play. If I get any other ECU, I know I will have to flash a new map, but I wanted to know if there is anything other than a map that needs to be flashed, like an BIN file for example. If you could ask your tech that would be awesome!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2019, 4:30 am
Excel Addict

Quote:
If I get an SF848 ECU, it should be plug and play. If I get any other ECU, I know I will have to flash a new map, but I wanted to know if there is anything other than a map that needs to be flashed, like an BIN file for example. If you could ask your tech that would be awesome!
Bin and map are terms used for the same thing usually.
They are not really, as below.

If you have a bin file it has all the maps and the ECU does calculations on how to run the bike based on sensor inputs.
E.g. RPM, TP, Air temp, Engine temp, Air pressure, Rate of change of throttle, in some cases the gear you are in etc.

Strictly speaking (well I am typing) mapping is when you modify a map within the bin file via software like Tunerpro.
That is what I do when I get AFR logged data from someone and modify the Main fuel map and/or offset map.
I modify those maps, save the new bin and then when you then flash/write or possibly other terms the bin file to your ECU, the only thing that is different is the maps that have been modified.

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2019, 6:32 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
Quote:
Bin and map are terms used for the same thing usually.
They are not really, as below.

If you have a bin file it has all the maps and the ECU does calculations on how to run the bike based on sensor inputs.
E.g. RPM, TP, Air temp, Engine temp, Air pressure, Rate of change of throttle, in some cases the gear you are in etc.

Strictly speaking (well I am typing) mapping is when you modify a map within the bin file via software like Tunerpro.
That is what I do when I get AFR logged data from someone and modify the Main fuel map and/or offset map.
I modify those maps, save the new bin and then when you then flash/write or possibly other terms the bin file to your ECU, the only thing that is different is the maps that have been modified.
That makes sense.

Is there a way to download the DP ECU Bin and flash it in any 5AM? Do I need to worry about the immobilizer?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2019, 1:49 am

I spoke with Daniel today, and he is under the impression that you will need to do a BIN in order to make everything work with your key, transponder, and gauges.
He has a list of what is associated with, and is specific to, the ECU, and can get it for me. But he said that if you do a BIN, you should be good to go, for around $200.00, or so.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2019, 1:51 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I spoke with Daniel today, and he is under the impression that you will need to do a BIN in order to make everything work with your key, transponder, and gauges.
He has a list of what is associated with, and is specific to, the ECU, and can get it for me. But he said that if you do a BIN, you should be good to go, for around $200.00, or so.
Is there any way for me to get that list?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2019, 2:47 am

Quote:
Quote:
Is there any way for me to get that list?
Sure. My 748 should be wrapped up this week... I'll see if Daniel can give it to me. I'll let you know, as soon as the information becomes available to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode