Ethanol... - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2018, 8:15 pm
Prolific Poster Award

As my boss used to say ď You donít know what you donít know ď . Some people never will.
PhilBoncer likes this.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Having two Sport Classics, I have to watch my tanks very closely. The only time I put any ethanol in my tanks is if I know I will be running it out that day. Here in Atlanta and North Georgia I have noticed in the past year or two that a lot of the gas stations, namely RaceTrack and QT have installed new pumps with the option to buy non-ethanol fuel along with the ethanol laced fuels. The last time I was heading up to the North Ga Mtns for a ride, I pulled into a gas station and beside the non-ethanol 90 was 110 Octane Racing Fuel as well.

To the original question, I use SeaFoam and it has worked well for me. I am sure the Lucas Oil Products are just as good to. The only way to be sure is try to not use Ethanol at all, which can be hard depending on where you live or ride.

This site helps when your looking on the road.

www.pure-gas.org
RockAZ and alliswell like this.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2018, 9:21 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoFiend View Post
Having two Sport Classics, I have to watch my tanks very closely. The only time I put any ethanol in my tanks is if I know I will be running it out that day. Here in Atlanta and North Georgia I have noticed in the past year or two that a lot of the gas stations, namely RaceTrack and QT have installed new pumps with the option to buy non-ethanol fuel along with the ethanol laced fuels. The last time I was heading up to the North Ga Mtns for a ride, I pulled into a gas station and beside the non-ethanol 90 was 110 Octane Racing Fuel as well.

To the original question, I use SeaFoam and it has worked well for me. I am sure the Lucas Oil Products are just as good to. The only way to be sure is try to not use Ethanol at all, which can be hard depending on where you live or ride.

This site helps when your looking on the road.

www.pure-gas.org
Hey thanks for the link! Closest place is 30 minute from me but hey, that's a hell of a lot closer than I thought I would find and for winter storage I'd make that drive in a heartbeat. Downloaded the App as well, thanks again!
motoFiend likes this.

Jason

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2018, 8:07 pm

The best gas treatment with ethanol is K100 the best it make water go way.

14 Hypermotard SP
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casso99 View Post
The best gas treatment with ethanol is K100 the best it make water go way.
+1. Been using it for years.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2018, 8:27 pm
Hammer Down

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoFiend View Post
Here in Atlanta and North Georgia I have noticed in the past year or two that a lot of the gas stations, namely RaceTrack and QT have installed new pumps with the option to buy non-ethanol fuel along with the ethanol laced fuels. The last time I was heading up to the North Ga Mtns for a ride, I pulled into a gas station and beside the non-ethanol 90 was 110 Octane Racing Fuel as well.
When I first moved back to GA we lived in Roswell and I was surprised at the time that there was only 1 station relatively close to us in Alpharetta that offered anything near 93 octane non-ethanol. Now that we live further north, there's actually a station about 5 miles away that has 90 rec non-ethanol. I wish these stations offering 90 rec gas would go back to 93 non-ethanol. It hasn't made the bike run any worse seemingly but I'd just rather have 93.

I was happy to see the gas station at Tail of the Dragon is offering non-ethanol as it used to be "up to 10%" at one point.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Ethanol. A good reason to ride often, so that crap does not clog up the system.
Ethanol. The reason I got a dual fuel generator, and only run it on propane.
PhilBoncer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode