Top Ten Moto-Friendly Places To Eat In North America - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2015, 11:46 am Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Top Ten Moto-Friendly Places To Eat In North America

Quote:
What do you want? There are a million greasy spoon biker hangouts in North America and it’s my job to come up with the Ten Best. The chances of me getting this right are roughly equivalent to W. Bush making new friends at an ISIS bar mitzvah, of me winning the Czech GP on a Vespa, of Mitch McConnell posting selfies from a Crossfit gym. Mine not to reason why…

I can personally vouch for the California entries, but for most of the rest of them I solicited input from friends scattered around this great continent of ours, so graciously stocked for our dining pleasure with the tastiest flora and fauna in the galaxy. Let’s start out in Malibu and work our way around roughly clockwise… (I wonder why there is no place there called 'Malibu Barbie-que'?)
Read more about the Top Ten Moto-Friendly Places To Eat In North America at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Garage
Best bike friendly places

These guys don't know anything. They totally over looked Mike's Sky Ranch. If you haven't been there or don't know where it is, you ain't no biker!

NCR "New Blue"
Vyrus NCR 984
MH900e "Carbon Dream"
MV Agusta 312 "Corse"
Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Naches Bar and Grill

The Naches Bar and Grill is located in Greenwater, WA on Highway 410. Highway 410 runs up to Mt Rainier National Park, Crystal Mtn ski area up to Chinook Pass and down the eastern slope of the Cascades to Yakima. The Naches Bar and Grill (Pronounced Nahchees) is a biker, skier, snow boarder hangout for those headed up to Crystal Mtn or out just riding. The scenery is so stunning that it can be kind of dangerous on a motorcycle. There are sheer, God knows how far, drop offs guarded by low stone walls. It is best to just get off the bike and look rather than try to ride and look. The road is usually in pretty good shape. However Chinook Pass is closed during the Winter months and usually doesn't open until May or June. The road is patrolled by Washington State Police, King County Sheriff and the Park Rangers. Most of the local people are two wheel conscious, but there are tourists watching scenery and not motorcycles, so keep your wits about you. There are three Ducati dealers in the area, and I believe rental bikes are available, or you can just say you're going for a test ride :roll eyes: Hell, they might go with you. The restaurant itself is a mixture of woodsy alpine kitsch, but if you want Bavaria, go to Leavenworth, WA. The food is bar food. Hamburgers, chicken and sandwiches. If it is gourmet grub you are looking for, Seattle is not that far away. This is a friendly place to stop, catch your breath, have something to drink and go on your way

I have no personal photos of the bar itself. I tried to download those on their Facebook page, but was unsuccessful. I don't mess with Facebook. The best I can do is the picture of Mt Rainier taken from a rest stop along highway 410.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	541.6 KB
ID:	531841  

Last edited by Zoomie; Apr 11th, 2015 at 6:33 pm.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2015, 3:55 pm
MRM

Not sure why they would have, "avoided" the northeast, as the missed one of New England's best motorcycle stops; The Vanilla Bean in Pomfret, CT. At the corners of 97, 169 and 44 in NE CT, every weekend is jammed packed with motorcycle's of all types, as well as local students from the nearby prep school, car clubs and an actor/actress or two. The food is awesome as evidenced by the long lines. Folks ride from al around NE for a bite to eat, a coffee and an every changing motorcycle show. Definitely better than Waffle House, that's for sure.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2015, 4:44 pm
Just visiting your planet.

Garage
Ah, the Bean. I used to live two miles from there. That's the place where a complete stranger tossed me the key to his brand new Brutale.

2005 ST3
2003 749s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode