'08 848
'98 46th RC46
Past:
Suzuki GSF600S
Honda XR600R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2008, 1:12 pm

According to the two bros site, you'll notice huge gains in power (see quote below). Not sure about the statement if only a 3.5 HP gain, but nice slips nonetheless.

"Huge gains in power and torque can be expected from our dual slip-on exhaust system, and you will definitely notice a weight savings on the track or street."
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2008, 9:18 pm
Prolific Poster Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiTsouo View Post
My new 848 was dyno'ed at TwoBros Racing, the chart is up for viewing:

TwoBros Slipons: http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...8-DUAL-08.html

Dyno Chart:
http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/...48_dual_SO.pdf
Is it RWHP or crank HP?

03 FLHRI Road King
03 999R #189
09 1125CR Buell (sold)
07 1100S MTS (sold)
04 999S (sold)
95 916 (sold)
01 900SS (sold)
05 Honda 600RR (sold before I crashed it)
05 Honda 600RR (full Yosh, PC, totalled it)

Ducati-Owners-Group of Sacramento region.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2008, 6:27 am

Hey guys, new to forum. Just picked up my red 848 Monday and love it. I think the power will be fine after the break in since right when the bike is starting to rumble with anticipation I shift...Man its hard to do. The bike definitly floats through turns though, coming fom a Kawasaki 636, it just feels to pull you through the turn rather than you tucking and fighting to hold the line. I have clear alternatives integrated tailight on order, the termignoni exhaust (coming 2-3 weeks from italy), and the carbon fiber front fender. I look forward to updating some pics for you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	duc3.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	30101   Click image for larger version

Name:	duc2.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	30102  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2008, 10:36 pm

My only complaint is the wet clutch. Nothing cries out signature Ducati like single sided swing are and a dry clutch with open clutch cover.

Yellow '01 900SS
Yellow '02 ST4S (New)
Denver CO
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2008, 7:01 pm

heyo fello duc's,

My first post as I picked up my white 848 on May 1.

I LOVE this bike. More power than my 996, and damn near "thumpier" than my 999. I seriously really dont care about the argument about hp. After todays 600m break in and fresh dyno (sorry no specs to show), even WITH the belts at 94HZ spec, this machine de la sex is around 119-120hp.

Somebody fudged the specs abit,

Cornering is less than effortless, responsiveness is super fluid and as posted above, keeping it in the 4500-5000rpm range for the first 6 hundred was almost painfull as this beast only wants to scream. Ducati manual states to run at 6500-7500 for the next 6 hundred and then I can open this present up!. But I can tell you straight off, with SOOO much torque and so much blissfull response 65mph in 3rd (and easily more) is quite the rush.

Gsx'ers may have more top. but NOTHING beats 848's bottom. My buddys 1098 feels like riding a "new shoe" compared to the 848, and these are HIS words.. lol.

As for the color white being the "bird" for this year 08.. I say what the fbomb ever. Good luck in trying to find one because EVERY white duc in my try state area is GONE. Besides I have a red and a yellow and this white is just flat out secksy.

BIKE OF THE YEAR or at least better be. What a ride. If you dont have one, your seriously missing out.

Dislikes: (yes there are a few)

1. Hand clearance front ferring, with bars fully turned big hands will get pinched.. It was alarming at first be warned.

2. RVM suck.. adjustment is almost none and sight is horrid.. I suggest handle mirror stat.

3. Heat.. for this bad boy to put out sooo much, it can get in the 220 range before thermo kicks and fans turn on. I was assured that 240 is max but 225 is when light kicks on. Odd but meh.

4. Stock comes with yellow head lamps, at 12v/55watt, you can get zions with 12v/60watt without frying your harness BUT stay away from the 120watt white lights available as they have been known to stress the harness.

One last note of interest. For those interested in the all in one brake/signals lamp to lose the tenticles.. MAKE SURE YOU GET STAGE 2, not stage one, as they WILL fry your wires. My parts guy told me specifically to wait as the stage ones were so bad that at 150$ a pop its not worth the 800$ wire replacements. Just do your homework.

this is all
done
d
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode