tell us about your last ride... - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2019, 11:35 am

Rolled the odo past 12,000 miles yesterday.Torque is awesome.
FredSmoot23 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Garage
Sunday the weather was nice (not too hot) so the wife and I decided to go for a ride. We decided on a ride up to Canandaguia (about 40 miles) to hit the hardware store for supplies and then stop for lunch. I rode the Tiger all day Saturday so opted for the Multi and she took her Ural and brought along Moo (our Bull Terrier) to see how he'd do in the side car.

Was a slow ride (Ural maxes out about 55) but fun, Moo loved the ride (we had to double up on the safety harness since he took to leaning out of the right side of the sidecar to get into the airflow)... we stopped at Smuggler's Corner in Potter NY for lunch (bit of a biker destination, always have had great food there) and Moo got his own burger... which he wholeheartedly approved of.

When Jen's on the Ural I might as well be riding a UJM... the Multi doesn't get any love... with the Ural AND a Bull Terrier along the Ducati and I were invisible in the background. Still... fun ride.
FredSmoot23, FatCobra and BigRed like this.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 13 Ural (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2019, 6:24 pm
Señor Member

A Little Thread Jacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
When Jen's on the Ural I might as well be riding a UJM... the Multi doesn't get any love... with the Ural AND a Bull Terrier along the Ducati and I were invisible in the background. Still... fun ride.
A few years ago I brought my son and his Ural to a WCM. At every stop where a dozen Ducati’s would normally get a lot of attention, that Ural would be the focus, what most people would ask about.

1996 900 SS/SP #C25
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Thanks to you Fredsmoot for coming over and fixing my bike twice now, (rebuilt carbs and corrected my user error during a recent oil change...don't over fill a Ducati...even a little), today I finally put some fun miles on it and tore it up.

There is a city park near me I call 'mini Laguna Seca'. Its all one-way with a lot of great turns, a nice straight, and no traffic. As RockAZ told me: "this bike is one hell of a ride". I gave it a tiny slip of the clutch in 2nd gear and brought the front end up in a turn by mistake...super fun. The bike feels light, narrow and well balanced. It seems to really love the twisties.

This forum is 100% why I am enjoying this bike now for little maintenance cost.

Thank you guys...again, and we all know who you are!

Here is a shot from the park...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_184029.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	950267  
scott likes this.

Ducati 1993 750ss/cr
The past: Honda 1000RR Fireblade F2 Yamaha R6 xj700 xs400 Suzuki GSXR600 Kaw 750 550
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2019, 5:36 pm

Quote:
I gave it a tiny slip of the clutch in 2nd gear and brought the front end up in a turn by mistake...
Yes officer, I swear that's how it went.

Did my most frequent loop up through Acton today. Temps in the 90's before Noon.
This time of year I like to go out early and come home early before it gets stupid hot.
Then sit here in the AC, chill, surf the web, drink a little beer.
On Any Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode