tell us about your last ride... - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2019, 8:08 am
Prolific Poster Award

There are decent roads from Stockbridge to Hell then back to Dexter too, Mike.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2019, 9:35 am

Garage
Last Friday and Saturday a friend with a membership here Club Motorsports | Best Track in America
invited me up for a couple of fun days at the motorheads countryclub. It was great fun to ride a new track so close to home with perfect pavement and almost no one else on track for much of it.

Only down side was I am finding a track where my poor little 750 carby is working too hard on one of the sectors, horsepower hill is not a good sign when you only have 60rwhp. That said as I get more comfortable with the track and my speed increases I started to find a point to have the throttle pinned open and not have the rpms dropping as I climb the hill...lol This bike still has many lessons for me to learn.

That said it was a little frustrating being towed around by a aprilia RSV4 factory with 3 times the Rwhp as he couldnt understand why I would be with him until he opened the throttle. ..lol

Oh and I almost forgot to add a highlight was getting a ride in a factory five cobra for a few laps. I am not a car guy but that 302 was singing and sounded as beautiful as any other motor I love.
FredSmoot23 likes this.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2019, 6:24 pm

Just commuting on the Multistrada. 900 is still in pieces in the shop, hoping I'll have more free time to work on it after this week is over.

82 CM200T(Basket case), 04 DRZ 400SM (sold, best bike ever), 01 VFR800 (went kablooey), 09 Concours 14 (RIP - nobody needs coffee that badly), 15 Multistrada, 95 900SS
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2019, 8:54 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducvet View Post
Last Friday and Saturday a friend with a membership here Club Motorsports | Best Track in America
invited me up for a couple of fun days at the motorheads countryclub. It was great fun to ride a new track so close to home with perfect pavement and almost no one else on track for much of it.

Only down side was I am finding a track where my poor little 750 carby is working too hard on one of the sectors, horsepower hill is not a good sign when you only have 60rwhp. That said as I get more comfortable with the track and my speed increases I started to find a point to have the throttle pinned open and not have the rpms dropping as I climb the hill...lol This bike still has many lessons for me to learn.

That said it was a little frustrating being towed around by a aprilia RSV4 factory with 3 times the Rwhp as he couldnt understand why I would be with him until he opened the throttle. ..lol

Oh and I almost forgot to add a highlight was getting a ride in a factory five cobra for a few laps. I am not a car guy but that 302 was singing and sounded as beautiful as any other motor I love.
Sounds like you're proving the truth of the saying "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow".

'95 900 Superlight IV #064

Mods are: K&N filter, airbox lid on with rubber trumpets removed, MBP collets, full SMI (SilMoto Italia) spaghetti exhaust with 'open' carbon cans, 41mm FCR's - #182 mains!, Barnett alloy clutch basket, Oberon slave cylinder, Ohlins fork springs, Ohlins rear shock, Verlicchi swingarm.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2019, 11:58 am Thread Starter

Garage
last ride ...

Got in a 93 mile ride this morning before it got too hot here in STL. Went on some two lane, no center line, roads in the woods and hills to the southwest. Little traffic, one litter brigade picking up trash with police cars lights going at each end. Saw a couple of dozen m/c and bicyclists doing the same thing I was doing, enjoying the ride. A couple of stretches of new blacktop, roads in fairly good repair for the most part.

Fred
ifly65 likes this.

1996 SS/SP B52 40k miles
MBP collets / 748 front rotors / 4.5" rear wheel / Sharkskins / Nichols frame bolts
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 7:37 am
work to live. ride to work.

granted I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but yesterday's "get to 600 mile service before track day" ride was quite grin inducing, haven't felt that way in quite a while. around 11am, weaving (not too stupidly) through moderate traffic on I-95, just love being able to just get where I wanna be instantly with just a faint twist of throttle, so much pull from 75-105 (oops), reminds me of what I missed after selling my pikes peak. OK, no tickets...not pushing my luck.
scott likes this.

2019 BMW R1250GS
2019 Aprilia Tuono Factory
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 9:33 am

tell us about your last ride...

My last ride occurred over the 4th of July holiday weekend, 2,314 miles round trip on my xDiavel S. Road from Salem Oregon to Porter Ranch California using Hwy 101 and Hwy-1 mostly. I used my GoPro to document as much of the trip as possible. And would upload the videos each night as I traveled.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5e3hfY8eicn6B3

This is one of my fav roads in northern cal. Hwy 1 northbound from ft Bragg to 101. Skip forward to the 4 min mark if you want to skip past the warmup traffic to where I get open roads to ride.

Enjoy!

Current:18 xDiavel S, 18 1100 Sport
Sold: 16 Scrambler Icon, 15 Monster 1200, 14 Diavel Strada, 12 Monster 1100evo, 09 Monster 1100, 08 NM Hypermotard #7
steveb64 likes this.

'14 Diavel Strada
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 1:01 pm

Garage
My last ride was June 28. Just commuting 100 mile round trip on the Interstate.

June 30 I was in a car accident (my fault) where my car was totaled with my daughter in the car. Airbags blown, minor injury for me alone from the airbag, etc. Everyone basically walked away shaken but unhurt.

Haven't been on any of the bikes since, physically no issue. Mentally is a different matter. The violence of that hit has me thinking about what it would have been like, not if I repeated my role while riding but if the other guy had been on a bike. More specifically if it was me on a bike in the same situation. Would have been a fatality, no question.

I replaced my car with the same model, I know for a fact they can take a hit.

I find myself questioning what I could have done differently, but more importantly taking a hard look if my vision (night, peripheral) and reaction time means I am endangering myself as I age.

If I ride again (I probably will as the memory fades and rationalization & prior fatalistic reasoning are utilized), she will never ride with me again.
Rosso Classico likes this.

1990 851, 2003 999, 2016 1299S, 1985 VF1000R (restoration project)
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Garage
20 minute ride home in the rain after work yesterday. Before that about a 200 mile trip the Saturday before, all country back roads!
FredSmoot23 likes this.

2011 Hypermotard EVO SP
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 8:21 pm

I sure hope it wasn't my last ride.

My most recent ride was my usual Sunday loop via mostly 2 lane roads and minimal slab.
Up to Acton and back again, for a total of a little over 100 miles. If it's not at least 100 miles it does not feel like a "real" ride.

I have some other local routes too. Want to do a longer multi day trip sooner than later.
Need to plan, I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode