tell us about your last ride... - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2019, 8:11 am
Prolific Poster Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpato View Post
The only recent ride was on my GT yesterday to Southern California Motorsport’s Royal Enfield 650 twin release demo ride. /----/
So, how'd you like the 650 Twin?

Looks to be a big seller for them.

'95 M900, '87 750 F1b, '95 GL1500, '06 620/800 MiniStrada...
Running on coffee and sarcasm...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2019, 8:42 am
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukerdr View Post
So, how'd you like the 650 Twin?

Looks to be a big seller for them.
I’d seen them at the motorcycle show and thought the engine looks a bit bulky but considering it’s a twin no wonder. The ride was smooth and plenty powerful especially compared to my single. And like mine, there is a top heavy feel to it. I rode the new GT and the only difference I could notice between it and the other were the seat and bars.

When I got home my GF asked if I was considering getting the new GT. I told her there are only two twins I’d even consider getting right now, the Triumph Thruxton or the Norton Commando.
Dukerdr likes this.

1996 900 SS/SP #C25
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT

Last edited by redpato; Jul 1st, 2019 at 8:48 am.
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2019, 9:39 am

Garage
If your talking about the new Norton Commando it is a sweet bike. One of my customers has one that I work on when needed and he does not care if I put miles on it -so I do lol.
redpato likes this.

1991 Ducati 900ss, 1991 Ducati 907ie. 1978 Yamaha SR500, 1979 Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special, 1973 Truimph X-75, 1975 Triumph T-160, 1976 Triumph T140, BMW's too many to list
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2019, 11:12 am
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennsportmotorrad View Post
If your talking about the new Norton Commando it is a sweet bike. One of my customers has one that I work on when needed and he does not care if I put miles on it -so I do lol.
Indeed, the new Commando is very appealing to me. I also have a 1972 Norton Commando Interstate needing restoration. I'm hoping to have it up and running in a year's time.

1996 900 SS/SP #C25
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2019, 11:44 am

Garage
I rode my 996 115 miles yesterday around the Ozark hills. Ran great, if not a bit warm, but then don't all the 9x6 bikes run a bit warm? Really, the only annoying thing was riding up on either Harleys or SUVs in the hills. I ran my favorite section of roads a couple of times. It was a great ride that I am still thinking about this morning.
FredSmoot23 likes this.

Micah Berry - 2000 Yamaha YZF600R - 2001 Ducati 996 Monoposto - 2002 Aprilia Falco
My wife's - 2002 Ducati Monster 620
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2019, 1:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterchild23 View Post
Rode 200 miles on the 999R and couldn’t wait to unmount the freaking thing, my knees and back were not happy
I feel your pain! Last week I took the 999S for 200+ mile ride in my backyard Sierra Twisties. It was a perfect 75 degree day above 5000 ft elevation. I've done this loop many times on all three bikes in the stable-96 900 SS/SP,05 999S and Triumph Tiger 955i.

999S by far the least comfortable however leaves the biggest grin on mug!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	999 Spring.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	947411  
FredSmoot23 and Micah.Berry like this.
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2019, 2:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraTango View Post
I feel your pain! Last week I took the 999S for 200+ mile ride in my backyard Sierra Twisties. It was a perfect 75 degree day above 5000 ft elevation. I've done this loop many times on all three bikes in the stable-96 900 SS/SP,05 999S and Triumph Tiger 955i.

999S by far the least comfortable however leaves the biggest grin on mug!
Of course 70 of those 200 miles were freeway getting to and from the twisties. That's the part that really kills my back and knees.
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2019, 3:21 pm

Garage
Hopped on my road king and commuted 25 miles to work. T

wo days before that I hopped on the Hyper and rode to an uppity part of town. Parked next to a Ferrari Enzo.

Italian bikes > Italian Cars.
FredSmoot23 and Micah.Berry like this.

"And like the snows of yesteryear...gone from the earth"
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2019, 10:50 pm
Average Weird Guy.

Garage
Last ride was this past Saturday Fred. My 900SS is still in a million pieces so I took my RC51 out.
Played a little game of "alphabet soup." Here in southeastern Wisconsin that means you avoid the numbered interstate highways and stick to the twisty turny alphabet lettered back country roads.

Recently installed a new high mount GPR Albus exhaust system on the bike. Used to have a low mount c/f and titanium Sato Racing exhaust on it but someone hit the bike,and then drove off,at a gas station while I was inside paying for the gas and destroyed the left side pipe.
I've got a PC5 with an auto-tune module installed so right now I'm just running the bike through different gears and engine loads to let the auto-tuner do it's thing.

Did 250 miles. Was 90 degrees with around 70 percent humidity,so in other words it was a hot sticky ride. Was tiring but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. The RC51 is an old heavy diesel but man I just love the mid-range torque delivery of that bike.

I retired 3 of my favorite Shoei Pascal Picotte Joker helmets last year because the head liners wore out and aren't replaceable so I've been evaluating a new HJC RPHA Mike Wazowski helmet.
The helmet has a pin lock visor on it and I got my grubby mitts on a Yellow pin lock visor insert. I use Yellow visors on my Shoei's because they work equally well for both daytime and nighttime riding.
The HJC Yellow visor is slightly darker than the Yellow Shoei visors that I use so my ride was day into night to check the viability of the visor for nighttime riding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPR exhaust.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	947429   Click image for larger version

Name:	HJC Mike Wazowski.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	923.9 KB
ID:	947431  
FredSmoot23 likes this.

'95 900SS CR affectionately known as "The Pizza Wagon"
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2019, 7:42 am

Ride

I wanted to try out some different roads for the next group ride so I started off on the route that getsa me to the twistier roads and wouldnt you know it!!! Theres a detour!
So I said to myself.."you wanted to see where this road goes for a while so..."
Thats what I did!
Best.Decision.EVER!!
I ended up on Norvel Rd...through Wolf Lake,then to I-94....West on 94 to Elm Street where I visited with my RC friends paracticing IMAC scale Aerobatics...these planes typically use 100-200cc twin cylinder engines in 35% to 42% scale aerobatic airframes...BITCHIN!!
After I left there I took Sergent Rd. to Mt Hope Rd. and then into Stockbridge..what a treat that was..!!
I Dont generally go more than 10 over when I ride as I am on the street and prefer to respect the neighbors....Plus I hadnt ridden thru most of these areas before so I was cautious/prudent.
No slow Harleys to fuck up the corner speeds...No cars/trucks to fuck up the corner speeds...
Weather was warm but not so hot you would sweat...
Put on 180 Miles...and when I returned home the lawn was ready for me to mow!
I also got some shop time in reassembling the 900 SS
Mike S
FredSmoot23 likes this.

Mike S
1996 900SSCR
Tastefully modded.
Then Modded AGAIN!!!
2005 ST3.....sold
2003 ST4S W/ABS YES!!!
Secretary DucsUnlimited..find us on FaceBook!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode